Last Updated: May 6, 2019
SCOPE OF THIS POLICY
This policy explains:
- What information Wing Aviation LLC, its subsidiaries and its affiliates (collectively, “Wing” “we” or “us”) collects during our employment application, recruitment and hiring process and why we collect it;
- How we use that information; and
- How to access and update that information.
If you use any other Wing service or resource, your privacy rights are governed by any applicable terms and privacy policies disclosed to you in those contexts.
TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
This policy covers the information you share with us and/or which may be acquired or produced by Wing during the application or recruitment process including:
- Your name, address, email address, telephone number and other contact information;
- Your resume or CV, cover letter, completed employment application form, previous and/or relevant work experience or other experience, education, transcripts, or other information you provide to us in support of an application and/or the application and recruitment process;
- Information from interviews and phone-screenings you may participate in with Wing, if any;
- Details of the type of employment you are or may be looking for, current and/or desired salary and other terms relating to compensation and benefits packages, willingness to relocate, or other job preferences;
- Details of how you heard about the position you are applying for;
- Any sensitive and/or demographic information you provide during the application or recruitment process such as gender, information about your citizenship and/or nationality, medical or health information and/or your racial or ethnic origin;
- Information regarding your authorization to work in the country of application;
- Professional reference information and/or information received from background checks (where applicable), including information provided by third parties;
- Information relating to any previous applications you may have made to Wing and/or any previous employment history with Wing, Alphabet or any of their subsidiaries;
- Information about your background from publicly available sources, including online, that we believe is relevant to your application or a potential future application (e.g. your LinkedIn profile); and/or
- Information or documents you provide or any assessment you may take as part of the application process.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We will use your information for the purposes of carrying out the application and recruitment process, including by:
- Assessing your skills, qualifications and interests against our career opportunities;
- Verifying your information and carrying out reference checks and/or conducting background checks (where applicable) if you are offered a job;
- Communicating with you about the recruitment process and/or your application(s), including, in appropriate cases, informing you of other potential career opportunities at Wing;
- Creating and/or submitting reports as required under any local laws and/or regulations, where applicable;
- If applicable and requested by you, assisting you with obtaining an immigration visa or work permit where permitted and required;
- Making improvements to Wing’s application and/or recruitment process including improving our diversity pipeline;
- Complying with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes or enforceable governmental requests; and
- Proactively conducting research about your educational and professional background and skills and contacting you if we think you would be suitable for a role with us.
We will also use your information to protect the rights and property of Wing, our users, applicants, candidates, employees and the public as required or permitted by law.
If you are offered and accept employment with Wing, the information collected during the application and recruitment process will become part of your employment record.
OUR LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING THE PERSONAL DATA OF EEA, SWISS, OR BRITISH PERSONS
If you reside in the European Economic Area (EEA), Switzerland or the UK, certain data protection law applies to the processing of your personal data. We collect and process your information where it is necessary in order to take steps, at your request, prior to our potentially entering into an employment relationship with you.
We may also seek your consent to process your personal information in specific circumstances, or process it where necessary to comply with a legal obligation or for purposes connected to legal claims. If we use your information to improve our application or recruitment process, we do so on the basis that it is in our legitimate interests to ensure we recruit the best possible candidates.
HOW WE PERMIT ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Wing may share your information with our service providers, affiliates, subsidiaries or joint ventures in the US and in other jurisdictions, in relation to the purposes described above. If you have been referred for a job at Wing by a current Wing employee, with your consent, we may inform that employee about the progress of your application and let the Wing employee know the outcome of the process. In some cases, if it is identified that you have attended the same university/school or shared the same previous employer during the same period as a current Wing employee we may consult with that employee for feedback on you.
Wing may also use service providers acting on Wing’s behalf to perform some of the services described above, including, without limitation, to perform background checks, to accommodate your application process, for example, by arranging travel around an interview, or to help you relocate to our offices if this forms part of your offer of employment. These service providers may be located outside the country in which you live or the country where the position you have applied for is located.
Wing may sometimes be required to disclose your information to external third parties such as local labor authorities, courts and tribunals, regulatory bodies and/or law enforcement agencies for the purpose of complying with applicable laws and regulations, or in response to legal process.
We will also share your personal information with other third parties if we have your consent (for example if you have given us permission to contact your referees), or to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or to protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Wing, our users, applicants, candidates, employees or the public or as otherwise required by law.
It is your responsibility to obtain consent from referees before providing their personal information to Wing.
HOW WE RETAIN INFORMATION
Wing takes appropriate steps to protect information about you that is collected, processed, and stored as part of the application and recruitment process.
If you apply for a job at Wing and your application is unsuccessful (or you withdraw from the process or decline our offer), Wing will retain your information for a period after your application. We retain this information for various reasons, including in case we face a legal challenge related to a recruitment decision, to consider you for other current or future jobs at Wing and to help us better understand, analyze and improve our recruitment processes. If you do not want us to retain your information for consideration for other roles, or want us to update it, please contact wing-privacy@Wing.com. Please note, however, that we may retain some information as required by law, or as necessary to protect ourselves from legal claims.
YOUR DATA RIGHTS
In certain countries, you may have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. If you wish to access, correct, update, restrict processing, request transfer, or request deletion of personal information we may hold about you, you can do so at any time by contacting us at wing-privacy@Wing.com. We will respond to any requests in accordance with applicable law, and so there may be circumstances where we are not able to comply with your request.
If you can’t find the answer to your question in this policy, or have a concern about how we process your personal information, you can contact Wing’s Chief Privacy Officer at wing-privacy@Wing.com. Depending on your country of residence, if we are unable to resolve your question, you may also raise any questions or concerns you have regarding your personal information with your local data protection authority.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may change this policy from time to time. We will post any changes to this policy on this page. Each version of this policy is identified at the top of the page by its “Last Updated” date.