Aircraft and Systems Certification Manager
Wing is reshaping the future of delivery. We are an on-demand drone delivery service that can deliver food, medicine or other items within minutes. We’ve also developed an uncrewed traffic management platform to safely route drones through the sky. Our service is faster, safer and produces far less pollution than traditional delivery. Originally created in 2012 within X, the Moonshot Factory, Wing is now an Alphabet company.
About the Role:
Wing is looking for an Aircraft, Systems and Safety Certification Manager to join our Aviation Regulatory team. The ideal candidate has a passion for all things aviation, a demonstrated knowledge of government and industry best practices to ensure certification and compliance of uncrewed aircraft and their associated systems, and the ability to deliver results as part of a dynamic, cross-functional team.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and coordinate comprehensive national and international aviation regulatory submissions that demonstrate compliance with applicable flight and safety regulations, standards and other guidance.
- Lead Wing’s engagement with industry and regulators at the working level in the areas of aircraft and air traffic management certification, operational approvals, procedural documentation, and compliance reporting.
- Guide Wing’s internal documentation and alignment of aviation processes, procedures and best practices including technical guidance, operations/maintenance manuals, and safety risk management to ensure sufficiency and compliance.
- Define and shape Wing's positions & best practices to align regulatory reporting methods & reporting across countries/continents.
- Collaborate with Wing teams (such as Engineering) to improve Wing's internal regulatory conformance methods and sustainable and scalable practices;
- Collaborate with Wing’s Engineering and Certification teams to help build compliance test plans and support compliance ground and flight testing events for regulatory compliance.
What You’ll Need:
- BA/BS degree in Engineering, Aviation or other related fields (or equivalent practical experience)
- 5+ years experience in leading or executing aviation regulatory compliance, aircraft certification, or safety risk assessments for an aircraft or component system
- Passion or interest in aviation, particularly experience in uncrewed aircraft systems
- Familiar with the Specific Operational Risk Assessment (SORA) process
- Ability to travel to support Wing’s engagement with regulators and internal test/certification and validation events
At Wing, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.