People Compliance Manager
Wing is reshaping the future of delivery. We are an on-demand drone delivery service that can deliver food, medicine or other items within minutes. We’ve also developed an uncrewed traffic management platform to safely route drones through the sky. Our service is faster, safer and produces far less pollution than traditional delivery. Originally created in 2012 within X, the Moonshot Factory, Wing is now an Alphabet company.
About the Role:
Wing is looking for a People Compliance Manager to join our People Team based in Palo Alto, CA or Remote, US. The ideal candidate is extremely detail- and process-oriented and will keep Wing’s compliance programs running seamlessly. They have a knack for identifying areas of risk and appropriately governing our programs and operations. Furthermore, they’re passionate about taking an equitable lens on all compliance activity.
What You’ll Do:
- Ensure adherence to policy with all employment compliance matters
- Manage pre-hire onboarding compliance requirements, including employment agreements, background checks, export control questionnaire, etc.
- Support Flight Operations compliance requirements, including drug and alcohol testing for required roles
- Act as the point of contact for our extended workforce and staffing partners across the globe
- Build & maintain compliance processes from onboarding to off-boarding for extended workforce members, including temporary workers and independent contractors
- Keep Wing’s employment agreements and documents up to date, including our Employee Handbook and Code of Conduct
- Handle various HR processes where compliance is required, such as the creation of personnel files
- Track and follow-up with employees on required compliance trainings
- Provide reporting (e.g. EEOC) and conduct audits when necessary
- Partner with the Legal team and other required stakeholders to ensure appropriate compliance and governance of our people processes
- Manage People Compliance Specialist
What You’ll Need:
- People management experience
- Experience running various HR compliance processes and programs
- Proven experience of handling sensitive data with confidentiality and care
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Organized and extremely detail oriented
- Self-driven ability to identify problems and propose solutions
- Experience with employment law
- Experience with HR and/or Recruiting systems
*For Colorado Only: Salary range of $133,600 - $143,620 + bonus + Wing equity + benefits.
Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired in Colorado.
At Wing, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.