Security Engineer (Embedded)
Remote, Palo Alto, California | Remote, Dallas, Texas | Remote, Virginia, United States
Wing is reshaping the future of delivery. We are an on-demand drone delivery service that can deliver food, medicine or other items within minutes. We’ve also developed an uncrewed traffic management platform to safely route drones through the sky. Our service is faster, safer and produces far less pollution than traditional delivery. Originally created in 2012 within X, the Moonshot Factory, Wing is now an Alphabet company.
About the Role:
Wing is based in Palo Alto, California and is looking for an Embedded Security Engineer to join the Information Security Team (US Remote possible). The ideal candidate has a passion for all things associated with security and drone technology. Demonstrated knowledge of security industry best practices as it applies to embedded systems, including design analysis, cryptographic key management, threat modeling and root of trust systems. Want to come join us in making Wing’s products more secure?
With your technical expertise you will manage security project priorities, deadlines and deliverables. You will work with our Manufacturing and Engineering Teams to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance security solutions while working with Wing’s partner teams at Google. You will execute in partnership with and support the engineering team by developing frameworks and providing recommendations on software and hardware security solutions. In addition you will perform technical security assessments, security consulting services, participate in design reviews, develop threat models and execute testing against them to proactively identify and help fix security weaknesses in Wing’s products and services.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with our Manufacturing and Engineering Teams to assess, define and improve processes to ensure the security of Wing Products
- Consult on and assess data protection, cryptography, key management, Identity and Access Management (IAM), network security, embedded systems, software development
- Build and assess threat models targeting embedded systems
- Assist engineering teams in prototyping, developing frameworks, and implementing secure software systems
- Advocating for and educating Manufacturing and Engineering teams on security best practices
- Develop security focused scripts and tools
What You’ll Need:
- BA/BS degree in Electrical Engineering (EE), Electronic Engineering in Technology (EET), Computer Science (CS) or equivalent practical experience
- 3 years of relevant work experience in security associated to embedded systems
- Knowledge in Attack and Mitigation techniques for Embedded Systems
- Skilled in Authentication and Encryption for Embedded Systems
- Experience with Software Authenticity, Digital Signing, Root of Trust Systems
- Coding experience in one or more general purpose languages (e.g. Python or C++)
- Hands-on experience with Linux-based system security hardening and tuning
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Skilled in documentation of requirements and reports
- Passion or interest in aviation and drone technology
- Experience with cloud infrastructure and services, including common security challenges and/or solutions related to cloud infrastructure and services (GCP)
- Previous experience in aviation or any other regulated industry
- Experience working with Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS)
At Wing, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.