Dallas, TX, United States
Wing is reshaping the future of delivery. We are an on-demand drone delivery service that can deliver food, medicine or other items within minutes. We’ve also developed an uncrewed traffic management platform to safely route drones through the sky. Our service is faster, safer and produces far less pollution than traditional delivery. Originally created in 2012 within X, the Moonshot Factory, Wing is now an Alphabet company.
About the Role:
Wing is seeking a Training Lead to join our Flight Operations team based in Dallas, Texas with an option to work Remotely. As the training lead, you are responsible for Wing’s flight training programs supporting global operations of the Wing drone delivery system. The primary focus of this role is to establish and create a training program that aligns Wings operations globally. You will be responsible for creating and sustaining a training program that matures as Wing scales and the system evolves. Central to creating the training program is a keen eye towards standardizing Wing’s flight operations training to provide the ability for operators to consistently operate our system around the globe with minimal regional familiarization. In this role you will report to the Manager of Flight Standards and Instruction to support our focus on standards and compliance to our safety culture.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage global flight instruction and training development team in the creation and delivery of training materials and events.
- Conduct flight instruction and regulatory mandated checkrides of Wing operators on the Wing UAS delivery system.
- Approve and review training materials and training syllabus used to conduct training.
- Validate training material, support testing and evaluation to establish procedures, and collaborate as a subject matter expert (SME) with cross functional team members.
- Strategically plan/coordinate global training events including initial, difference and recurrent training.
- Oversee flight operations training audit processes to include compliance with HAZMAT training.
- Manage flight records and qualifications of operators ratings, certifications, regulatory authorizations and approvals are current.
- Provide operational expertise to the Technical Publications Manager in updating and maintaining flight manuals/documents.
What You’ll Need:
- 7+ years of flight instruction experience
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of aviation/flight manuals, training packages and UAS operations procedures
- UAS (RPA) qualified (as defined by the respective national regulator)
- 3+ years experience managing teams
- Able to qualify as a regulator-approved Wing check pilot
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to travel as necessary
- This position is subject to Wing’s Drug and Alcohol testing policy in accordance with Wing’s operating procedures
- Private/Commercial Pilot License/ Certified Flight Instructor (CFI)
- Previous employment in a role managing standardization of flight operations in the past 5-7 years
- Passion for uncrewed aviation
- Experience working in a growth oriented startup culture
- Driven self-starter and problem solver
- Simulator development experience
At Wing, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.