Wing is reshaping the future of delivery. We are an on-demand drone delivery service that can deliver food, medicine or other items within minutes. We’ve also developed an uncrewed traffic management platform to safely route drones through the sky. Our service is faster, safer and produces far less pollution than traditional delivery. Originally created in 2012 within X, the Moonshot Factory, Wing is now an Alphabet company.
About the Role:
Wing is looking for a Solutions Architect to join our Partnerships team based in the US, UK or AU (remote eligible). The ideal candidate has a passion, and in-depth understanding of both technology and business, and demonstrated knowledge of industry best practices integrating innovative tech solutions with large businesses’ systems.
In your role, you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to enable our partners to use our logistics solution.
What You’ll Do:
- Act as the subject matter expert for the Wing’s overall logistics solution, including Delivery Platform APIs, hardware solutions and partner tooling
- Own the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific partner integration projects
- Plan and execute on partner integration projects, from early explorations to proof-of-concept implementation, to a target integration solution, and into the future improvements
- Work cross-organizationally to facilitate broad use and adoption of the Wing’s Delivery Platform
- Collaborate with Wing’s Product organization to identify partner pain points and translate them into opportunities for both quick wins and long-term solutions
- Develop a deep expertise in the Wing’s technologies, both partner facing and internal, so you can suggest creative solutions to specific partner needs
What You’ll Need:
- The ideal candidate will possess partner-facing skills that will allow them to represent Wing well within the customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel/executives regarding trade-offs, best practices, and risk mitigation
- Further, they will work with the partner's technical teams to design and architect solutions that will get the customers up and running on the Wing Delivery Platform seamlessly, so technical expertise in system integrations, enterprise APIs, reporting, as well as high level understanding of large scale distributed systems (including hardware component) will be needed
- They should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Technical degree required; MS/BS Computer Science or Math background highly desired (In lieu of degree, 8 years relevant work experience)
- Keeps abreast latest technology directly and indirectly related to business systems integrations and APIs
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
- Entrepreneurial, self-starter and a team player who values working towards a common goal and wants to make that goal a reality through hands-on work and creativity
- Passion or interest in aviation and/or logistics
- 10+ years of implementation/consulting experience
- Experience working within software development, information security, database or Internet-related industries
- Programming abilities in at least one modern programming language
- Experience with shaping and integrating enterprise APIs, understanding of the large distributed systems constraints and tradeoffs
- Ability to creatively adapt existing technical capabilities to the needs of integration systems (bridging the gap between the needs of today and the solutions of tomorrow). Working understanding of software development practices and processes
Compensation and/or leveling depends on experience and skill set.
*For Colorado Only: Salary range of $228,000 USD - $245,000 USD + bonus + Wing equity + benefits.
Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired in Colorado.
At Wing, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.