3D Computer Vision Engineer - SfM/SLAM
Palo Alto, California, United States
Wing is reshaping the future of delivery. We are an on-demand drone delivery service that can deliver food, medicine or other items within minutes. We’ve also developed an uncrewed traffic management platform to safely route drones through the sky. Our service is faster, safer and produces far less pollution than traditional delivery. Originally created in 2012 within X, the Moonshot Factory, Wing is now an Alphabet company.
About the Role:
Wing is looking for a Computer Vision Engineer to join our Perception team based in Palo Alto. In this role, you will leverage your computer vision and coding expertise to build systems that help our aircraft navigate safely around people, buildings, and terrain. You are someone who enjoys developing systems from concept through production, and you have an eye for crafting practical and scalable solutions that run reliably. You will work in a multidisciplinary environment working directly with our planning, navigation, control, and software engineers.
What You’ll Do:
- Investigate and develop scalable mapping and localization solutions capable of handling large amounts of real-world data
- Improve reliability, efficiency and accuracy of real-time visual navigation algorithms in the presence of challenging environmental conditions and resource (CPU/memory) constraints
- Build the testing and analysis infrastructure required to validate these solutions and continuously monitor their performance
- Participate in the team's processes, including: requirement and design documentation, test-plan generation and execution, peer design and code reviews, and process feedback and improvements.
What You’ll Need:
- Deep understanding of computer vision fundamentals such as multi-view geometry, structure from motion and visual SLAM
- Solid understanding of 3D geometry and linear algebra
- MS degree in Computer Science, Robotics, Aerospace, Mechanical Engineering or 2 years of experience working on problems involving above mentioned skills
- Proven ability to write efficient, readable and testable code
- PhD in Computer Science, Robotics, Aerospace, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in one of more of the following
- Familiarity with non-linear optimization libraries such as CERES
- Familiarity with deep learning algorithms such as depth from X, neural rendering
- Familiarity with multi-view stereo/dense 3D reconstruction algorithms
- Familiarity with sensor fusion algorithms, probability and statistics
- Geospatial systems
At Wing, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.