Technical Program Manager, Flight Operations
Wing is reshaping the future of delivery. We are an on-demand drone delivery service that can deliver food, medicine or other items within minutes. We’ve also developed an uncrewed traffic management platform to safely route drones through the sky. Our service is faster, safer and produces far less pollution than traditional delivery. Originally created in 2012 within X, the Moonshot Factory, Wing is now an Alphabet company.
About the Role:
Wing is looking for an experienced Technical Program Manager with excellent analytical, organization, and communication skills to help plan and manage a portfolio of projects and mature processes that contribute to the success of the Flight Operations organization. Part of the Program Management group, you’ll work to implement our frameworks for successful project delivery, map any cross-functional interdependencies, and tie it all back to Wing’s overall objectives.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage all aspects of a given project from start to finish, organizing priorities, proactively identifying potential blockers and brainstorming solutions to mitigate
- Manage and help develop processes for the deployment of software and hardware for the global fleet and managing the integrated flight testing environment.
- Support OKR-setting, ongoing monitoring and governance for Flight Operations
- Work collaboratively with flight operations leadership to identify project tracking metrics and progress towards new goals—both short and long term—as they arise
- Oversee a wide variety of initiatives for improving flight operations functions ranging from geospatial data flow to technical publication development
- Contribute subject matter expertise on aviation operations to the flight operations team in various forums
- Act as an agent of change, continually helping Flight Ops peers find clarity, and mature and reinvent processes as the business scales
- Provide regular reporting updates at monthly and quarterly OKR review forums
What You'll Need:
- BA/BS degree in a relevant field or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years managing projects across multiple geographies
- Experience in a mature, large scale aviation operation
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Comfort with ambiguity and the ability to exercise good judgment in a rapidly changing and sometimes stressful environment
- Proven ability to effectively influence and communicate across multiple functions, up and down the organization, and externally with partners
Some travel (up to 20%) will be required.
- Experience with commercial Uncrewed Aviation Systems (UAS) operations
- Hold crewed aviation certifications such as a private or commercial pilot’s license
For Colorado Only: Salary range of $147,000 - $158,000 + bonus + Wing equity + benefits.
Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired in Colorado.
At Wing, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.