UX Designer, UTM
Palo Alto, California | Remote, California, United States
Wing is reshaping the future of delivery. We are an on-demand drone delivery service that can deliver food, medicine or other items within minutes. We’ve also developed an uncrewed traffic management platform to safely route drones through the sky. Our service is faster, safer and produces far less pollution than traditional delivery. Originally created in 2012 within X, the Moonshot Factory, Wing is now an Alphabet company.
About the Role:
We’re hiring a new User Experience Designer at Wing! In this role you’ll be able to identify and tackle complex problems in the drone delivery space. Utilizing your product design background, you’ll validate and provide user driven design solutions to inform all manner of tasks and projects in a B2b, B2c and regulatory environment. With a consistent focus on user needs and the needs of the business, design quality and delivery, you’ll support team members with identifying and defining goals and requirements alongside cross functional stakeholders. You’ll also provide guidance and deliver web and native experiences, feature sets, navigation systems, interactive prototypes and MVPs at different stages of the product development life cycle. Collaborating with Eng, PMs and other stakeholders, you’ll dive deep into identifying and defining user needs to validate design choices based on user pain points, feedback, business needs and engineering effort. You’ll independently contribute to and influence design quality standards within your immediate team while demonstrating an understanding of how your design work impacts Wing’s products.
The UX Designer ensures that product design and product decisions are aligned and supported to maximize user and business outcomes; e.g., we are doing the right things to “move the needle” on the outcomes that matter most.
What You’ll Do:
- Showcase your track record of leading through ambiguity and designing complex flows and user journeys
- Design quality is second nature and you understand what success looks like and know how to execute to launch impactful feature and experience enhancements
- Propose new design initiatives, lead workshops and effectively align the group around a vision and approach
- Think and work collaboratively with designers and researchers at a system level and improve the team's ability to incorporate complex technical, business and regulatory requirements into elegant design solutions
- Partner with product, engineering, legal and policy to develop use cases, requirements (PRDs) and build experiences: provide appropriate design specifications, create assets, and review finished interfaces
- Regularly make use of your soft skills to persuade and build alignment: listening, negotiating, decision-making
- Bring strong, user-centered design skills to translate conceptual ideas into exceptional design solutions at scale
- Quickly yet thoroughly create process flows, wireframes, low to high-fidelity comps, and prototypes to test, evangelize and deliver your ideas and effectively communicate detailed interaction behaviors
- Present design work to the UX team, product team and project stakeholders for review and feedback
- Consistently execute and finish end-to-end tasks towards a larger goal with minimal assistance while translating quantitative & qualitative insights into design decisions
- Contribute to our culture: collaboration, motivation, optimism, quality, integrity
What You’ll Need:
- BA/BS degree in Design, HCI, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of work experience
- A portfolio showcasing simple solutions to complex problems, quality craftsmanship and attention to detail for platforms including Web, iOS and Android
- Curiosity and passion for designing beautiful, thoughtful, intuitive, and delightful experiences in a B2B environment
- Proficiency working in Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator and/or other industry standard design software
- Experience and ability to integrate user research and business needs into product designs and strategy
- Experience conducting usability testing to measure products' user experience and interaction
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including communicating design in a clear, concise, and compelling way through written reports and presentations
- Foundational understanding of front-end engineering concepts
- UTM/UAS experience is a plus
- Passion or interest in drones and aviation is a plus
- Experience launching products or processes internationally
For Colorado Only: Salary range of $108,800 - $116,960 + bonus + Wing equity + benefits.
Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired in Colorado.
At Wing, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.