Canberra or Brisbane, Australia
Wing is reshaping the future of delivery. We are an on-demand drone delivery service that can deliver food, medicine or other items within minutes. We’ve also developed an uncrewed traffic management platform to safely route drones through the sky. Our service is faster, safer and produces far less pollution than traditional delivery. Originally created in 2012 within X, the Moonshot Factory, Wing is now an Alphabet company.
About the Role:
Wing is looking for a Pilot in Command (PIC) to join our Flight Operations team based in Brisbane, Queensland or Canberra. The ideal candidate has a passion for aviation, demonstrated knowledge of RPAS operations best practices, and the ability to provide significant contributions as part of a highly motivated team. The PIC will work with a multidisciplinary team of engineers and field operators to conduct large scale Australia based flight operations. The successful candidate will be expected to meet and maintain the qualification requirements to act as a PIC for Wing’s commercial drone delivery service. In this role, the PIC is responsible for safely operating a highly autonomous aircraft system with multi-aircraft missions beyond visual line of sight (BVLOS) as part of Wing’s overall drone delivery system.
What You’ll Do:
- Qualify and function as a Wing pilot-in-command for Wing’s highly autonomous drone delivery service on a regular basis
- Maintain the high professional standards required for a Wing pilot-in-command
- Execute the Wing PIC role in accordance with Wing flight operations procedures
- Operate Wing aircraft across multiple sites and varying airspace
- Communicate with other crew-members to safely and effectively operate the system
- Work weekends and operate as part of a team conducting shift-based operations
- Assist in the conduct of test and acceptance flights
- Ensure compliance with CASA BVLOS regulations
What You’ll Need:
- CASA Part 101 Remote Pilot License (RePL)
- Pass in the CASA Instrument Rating Exam (IREX)
- Experience with sUAS operations
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Valid Driver’s license
- Able to work independently and in teams while maintaining rigorous attention to detail required in an operations environment
- Demonstrated performance of compliance with aviation regulations (as they relate to RPAS)
- Powered-lift sUAS endorsement (<25kg)
- Willingness to travel to support flight testing for periods of time
- Knowledge of existing aviation-related regulations concerning aviation & UAS operations
Note: This position is subject to drug and alcohol management plans (DAMP) testing before employment and random testing.
At Wing, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.