Palo Alto, California, United States
Wing is reshaping the future of delivery. We are an on-demand drone delivery service that can deliver food, medicine or other items within minutes. We’ve also developed an uncrewed traffic management platform to safely route drones through the sky. Our service is faster, safer and produces far less pollution than traditional delivery. Originally created in 2012 within X, the Moonshot Factory, Wing is now an Alphabet company.
About the Role:
Wing is looking for a Data Engineer to join our Data Infrastructure team based in Palo Alto, CA. At Wing, data drives our decision-making. As a part of the Technical Infrastructure organization, the Data Infrastructure team builds pipelines to manage the critical data sets that form the backbone of our business decision. On this team, you'll be building tools to ingest aircraft logs, financial data sets, global fleet data and other new data sets into our data platform. Using your technical skills, you'll develop analytics and visualizations to measure the largest drivers of our business and of our financials. You’ll work cross-functionally to build tools that will be relied upon by all of Wing to make critical decisions, including Wing and Alphabet executives. You’ll also get to “Engineer” our data sets to make them easy to use and understand.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with our engineering teams to conduct data-oriented analysis, develop metrics, synthesize information and present insights to support strategic decisions.
- Build actionable dashboards that efficiently showcase major Wing metrics, providing enough detail for action but keeping high level enough to enable quick identification of major successes and challenges
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders and leaders to assess and solve systemic problems in their day-to-day work that we can help fix as the Data Infrastructure team.
- Work with vendor and partner teams to build data solutions that aid in better reporting on our data sets.
- Focus on automating meaningful data, removing manual processes where applicable
What You’ll Need:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Data Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of experience in data engineering and/or data analytics
- Experience building data pipelines with tools like Spark, HDFS, MapReduce, Airflow, DAX etc
- Passion or interest in aviation or autonomous vehicles
- Expertise in Python, SQL, and data visualization tools such as Tableau
- Prior experience using Google’s dashboarding tools such as Colab notebooks, Jupyter, PLX dashboards or Datastudio
Wing is able to support remote employees in the U.S., Australia, United Kingdom, and Finland at this time. To be eligible, candidates must provide proof of existing work authorization for their intended location.
At Wing, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.