Global Operations Project Manager
Palo Alto, California, United States
Wing is reshaping the future of delivery. We are an on-demand drone delivery service that can deliver food, medicine or other items within minutes. We’ve also developed an uncrewed traffic management platform to safely route drones through the sky. Our service is faster, safer and produces far less pollution than traditional delivery. Originally created in 2012 within X, the Moonshot Factory, Wing is now an Alphabet company.
About The Role:
Wing is looking for an Operations Project Manager to join our Global Operations team. In this role, your job is to own and/or drive business health improvements, define correct measurements/metrics, monitor and optimize processes. You have a deep passion for excellence in data, business process design and high-quality execution. You love the challenge of solving big, bold problems. You have big picture thinking but have an ability to go to ground level details.
You’ll work as part of a cross functional team to understand key drivers, technical blockers and create plans that help meet functional goals . You’ll work closely with our Regional operations, Real estate, Partnerships, Policy and Marketing teams, as well as our Product and Engineering teams to rapidly scale and sustain Wing’s serviceable market.
What You’ll Do:
- Accountable for high quality Process Optimization. Process Management of all facets of concept to release and execution
- Identify operational improvement opportunities and analyze them for efficiency (waste, complexity, cost), effectiveness (achieves desired outcome), and quality
- Clearly and effectively communicate findings and make recommendations for improvement
- Identify root causes of problems and work with internal partners to find resolutions and work to implement resolutions
- Develop business analytics and insights strategic & tactical recommendations
- Drive insights & improvements: working across functional teams, define, create and maintain key operational metrics and dashboards aligned with Global operations org strategy that enable proactive management and monitoring of performance and forecasting
- Partner with global BI teams to stay current and leverage new data points and data delivery tools; drive awareness of data availability and build best practice sharing
- Collaborate on the development and iteration of playbooks, helping to make operations efforts predictable and repeatable
- Act as an agent of change, continually helping your partners and stakeholders find clarity and reinvent processes as the business scales
What You'll Need
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management Information Systems, Industrial Engineering or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required
- 10+ years of demonstrated Process Management, Program Management, Capability or Project Management experience
- 5+ years experience in Operations, Sales, Business, Program Management, Product Management, Project Management or Process Management / Optimization
- Ability to work effectively across cross-functional, global teams to drive for results and solve problems
- Detail oriented with experience in identifying an issue, investigating, developing a solution, implementing change and monitoring the results
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and navigate uncertain situations to drive for clarity; work calmly and maintain good judgment in a fast-paced, high-speed environment
- Ability to drive a project end to end from kick-off to delivery with quality
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
At Wing, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.