Embedded Perception Engineer
Palo Alto, California, United States
Wing is reshaping the future of delivery. We are an on-demand drone delivery service that can deliver food, medicine or other items within minutes. We’ve also developed an uncrewed traffic management platform to safely route drones through the sky. Our service is faster, safer and produces far less pollution than traditional delivery. Originally created in 2012 within X, the Moonshot Factory, Wing is now an Alphabet company.
About the Role:
Wing is looking for an Embedded Perception Engineer to help drive our next generation of aircraft perception capabilities. As an Embedded Perception Engineer you will work closely with Wing’s Hardware and Perception engineers to deploy state-of-the-art perception algorithms to our fleet of autonomous flying vehicles. Your purview will span the entire stack, from the sensors and avionics to the operating system to the perception software to our backend systems to drive new perception use cases and enable new system capabilities.
What You’ll Do:
- Bring up and evaluate computer vision (CV) and machine-learning (ML) hardware accelerators
- Work closely with Perception Engineers to implement, optimize, and profile perception algorithms on hardware accelerators
- Evolve architecture of perception software and underlying operating system to enable use of accelerated CV and ML, and provide visibility into system performance
- Help define and realize the next generation of aircraft perception capabilities and edge computing use cases
- Drive hardware requirements to enable future generations of aircraft perception capabilities
What You’ll Need:
- Proficiency in C/C++
- Experience with parallel programming frameworks/languages (e.g. OpenCL, CUDA)
- Experience with ML optimization frameworks (e.g. OpenVINO, Tensorflow Lite)
- Experience with embedded platforms (e.g. NVIDIA Jetson Nano, Coral Board, Intel Neural Compute Stick)
- Experience developing on Linux in an embedded context
- Ability to work well with other teams and drive meaningful change across the organization
- Experience deploying a perception algorithm to an embedded product
- Realtime and/or safety critical software development experience
At Wing, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.