UTM Solutions Manager
Wing is reshaping the future of delivery. We are an on-demand drone delivery service that can deliver food, medicine or other items within minutes. We’ve also developed an unmanned traffic management platform--a kind of air traffic control for unmanned aircraft--to safely route drones through the sky. Our service is faster, safer and produces far less pollution than traditional delivery. Originally created in 2012 within X, the Moonshot Factory, Wing is now an Alphabet company.
About the Role:
Wing is looking for a UTM Solutions Manager to join our UAS Traffic Management team. The ideal candidate has demonstrated the ability to drive complex projects with external stakeholders, scale products while keeping quality high and a passion for aviation.
What you’ll do:
- Drive the launch and ongoing upkeep of UAS Traffic Management (UTM) integration projects. This includes both project management and driving technical issues to closure
- Projects include OpenSky’s and U-Space services launch and integration
- Identify and acquire data feeds required for UTM integration projects
- Engage with external stakeholders e.g., regulators, ANSPs and industry participants, including technical workshops, bug reporting, and milestone reporting and validation
What you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with one or more of the following programming/scripting languages: Java, C++, Python
- 5 years of work experience delivering complex technical solution to external stakeholders
- Experience in technical program management or solutions management
- Experience in partner management and troubleshooting
- Proficiency in writing and speaking in French
- Experience with system integration, validation and configuration
- Experience working with GIS and Aeronautical charts
- Proven ability to effectively influence and communicate across multiple functions (e.g. Product, Tools, Engineering) and up and down the organization
- Experience with and passion for Aviation
At Wing, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.