Simulation Software Engineer Intern, Summer 2022
Palo Alto, California, United States
Wing is reshaping the future of delivery. We are an on-demand drone delivery service that can deliver food, medicine or other items within minutes. We’ve also developed an unmanned traffic management platform to safely route drones through the sky. Our service is faster, safer and produces far less pollution than traditional delivery. Originally created in 2012 within X, the Moonshot Factory, Wing is now an Alphabet company.
About the Program:
Wing is hosting a 12 week paid internship during the summer of 2022. It will be an in-person internship based in Palo Alto, CA. Start dates will be in May or June. We will review applications and interview candidates on a rolling basis.
About the Team:
Simulation enables testing of systems in scenarios and at scales impossible in real world flight testing. Our tools provide rapid feedback for R&D and are critical for ensuring the safety of our fleet of autonomous aircraft.
What You’ll Need:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Vision, Robotics, Vision Systems, Electrical Engineering or related field, with an anticipated graduation date between December 2022 and August 2023
- Strong examples of previous engineering experience from past internships and/or extracurricular projects.
- Experience with C++ and/or Python
- Passion or interested in aviation, drones, or related technologies
- Experience working with aerospace related products
- Experience tackling complex engineering problems from a overarching system-level perspective
- Experience with data analysis frameworks such as SQL or other relational databases
At Wing, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.