Senior FP&A Analyst
Palo Alto, California, United States
Wing is reshaping the future of delivery. We are an on-demand drone delivery service that can deliver food, medicine or other items within minutes. We’ve also developed an unmanned traffic management platform to safely route drones through the sky. Our service is faster, safer and produces far less pollution than traditional delivery. Originally created in 2012 within X, the Moonshot Factory, Wing is now an Alphabet company.
About the Role:
Wing is looking for a Senior FP&A Analyst to join our Finance team. Reporting to the Head of FP&A, this role will be a key member of the finance team focused on supporting the company’s financial planning and analysis efforts. The role will get deep into the numbers, crunch data, perform analysis, make recommendations and provide the key information that the senior leadership team will need to make important decisions. We are looking for a self-starter who enjoys collaborating with various teams and is looking to continuously learn and grow.
What You’ll Do:
- Play a key role in the financial planning, forecasting, and reporting processes
- Partner with leaders across the business to drive better performance and decision-making
- Leverage data and financial analysis, creativity and business understanding to research and discover business growth opportunities
- Design and build new dashboards to monitor performance metrics; maintain existing dashboards for accuracy and incorporate changes in the business
- Initiate, drive and implement improvements of processes; constantly look to invent and simplify
- Build presentations for Executive and Board level audiences
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or a related field
- 5+ years of work experience, preferably in a planning & analytics capacity at a high-growth startup or a large, well-established company
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and financial modeling skills – you possess high intellectual curiosity
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment; pay close attention to detail with an action-oriented mindset that achieves swift execution
- Solid Google Apps skills, experience in automation in Google Sheets preferred – you can handle complexity but strive for simplicity
- Strong written and spoken communication skills; ability to connect and influence others and convey technical financial information to non-financial professionals
- Basic proficiency at using SQL and similar tools for analyzing large amounts of data
At Wing, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.