Front End Engineer
Palo Alto, California, United States
Wing is reshaping the future of delivery. We are an on-demand drone delivery service that can deliver food, medicine or other items within minutes. We’ve also developed an unmanned traffic management platform to safely route drones through the sky. Our service is faster, safer and produces far less pollution than traditional delivery. Originally created in 2012 within X, the Moonshot Factory, Wing is now an Alphabet company.
About the Role:
Do you enjoy building intuitive, beautiful user interfaces that create frictionless website experiences for users? If so, come join us as we build from the ground up taking delivery to the skies!
Wing is looking for a Front End Engineer. As a front-end engineer you will work alongside a talented team of engineers, product, UI/UX designer and business operations to create API driven web applications that deliver the best experiences for our flight operators, merchants and customers.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and implement new product features for Wing’s web apps. Test, maintain and support your awesome code
- Transform UX designs into delightful experiences that make it safe and efficient for people to interact with Wing
- Collaborate with cross functional team (UX, Backend, Android, Web, Product Management) to realize Wing’s vision
- Improve engineering standards, tools and process
What You’ll Need:
- BA or BS in computer engineering or a related field
- 5 years professional experience building large scale front end web applications
- Strong web development in JS/HTML5/CSS
- Proven track record across full range of product development: ideation to launch to scale
- Experience with Angular 2 / Typescript
- Experience working with Google APIs
- Experience with iOS or Android development is a plus. You’ll work on a team that builds both and we value cross-platform collaboration, so if you have it bring it!
- Interest in aviation and revolutionary emerging technologies
- Experience in e-Commerce or consumer applications
At Wing, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.