Technical Program Manager - Manufacturing Operations & Special Projects
Palo Alto, California, United States
Wing is an Alphabet company that offers drone delivery as a safer, faster, and cleaner alternative to pickup or delivery by road. Today, Wing delivers food, medicine, and other supplies directly to homes on three continents, including two national capitals, with tens of thousands of flights to customers in the United States, Finland, and Australia. In addition, Wing is demonstrating traffic management technology to help all drone operators share the skies. Originally created in 2012 within X, the Moonshot Factory, Wing is now an Alphabet company and the first drone Air Carrier certified in the United States.
About the Role:
This role will be in a NPI/Development Organization. This will include regular interaction with Engineering, Supply Chain Operations, logistics, Finance and other disciplines within the company and with external partners. Having good people skills and the ability to communicate in a cross-functional organizational setup are essential.
As a Program Manager of Systems, you will be responsible for driving initiatives in support of the SAP transformation project. You will be working cross-functionally with other teams on a variety of projects for which you will be driving detailed requirements, designs, testing, training, and organizational change management activities.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead the Program management activities with new initiatives in Operations and Program Management.
- Engage and execute on special projects such as the conversion of aircrafts from one configuration to another.
- Get involved in hardware projects at early stages to understand the needs/requirements and work cross functionally to plan on its execution.
- Manage enterprise systems programs towards its successful release.
- Be responsible for process and solution development that drives the data quality across the organization.
- Work closely with Finance, Purchasing, Logistics and Supply Chain Organization to ensure adoption and seamless collaboration across all project areas and business functions.
- Co-ordinate the hardware requirements to support the launch of 3rd party operations.
What You'll Need:
- BA/BS in EE or CS or its equivalent practical experience. MBA preferred.
- 10 years of industry experience in one or more of the following fields: ERP Systems, Purchasing, Manufacturing Operations, Inventory Management, Shipping and Logistics and Master Data Management.
- Program Management Experience with a proven track record of successful implementation in a matrix organization.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and thrive in a rapidly changing business environment.
- Passion or interest in aviation. Experience working on NPI in the hardware products environment.
- Proven track record of implementing ERP related best practices in Purchasing, Material Management and Finance.
- Capability to think strategically, balancing a broad range of internal and external factors when identifying problems, proposing solutions, and making decisions.
- Strong computer applications skills and quick learner with creative problem solving and analytical skills.
- Experience with Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) or Product Data Management (PDM) operation.
At Wing, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.