Geo Data Engineer
Palo Alto, California, United States
Wing is reshaping the future of delivery. We are an on-demand drone delivery service that can deliver food, medicine or other items directly to customers within minutes. We’ve developed an unmanned airspace management platform to safely route drones through the sky. Our service is faster, safer and produces far less pollution than traditional delivery. Originally created in 2012 within X, the Moonshot Factory, Wing is now an Alphabet company.
About the Role:
Wing is looking for a Geo Data Engineer. As a Geo Data Engineer, you will transform complex geospatial information and leverage your software engineering expertise to create large scale systems to enable our highly-autonomous airplanes to fly anywhere in the world.
What You’ll Do:
- Working with operations teams to manage and update data sources
- Create large-scale innovative geospatial data automation systems and tools for unique aviation applications
- Work with large-scale distributed computing infrastructure
- Drive the end to end product development lifecycle from ideation to system deployment in business operations
What You’ll Need:
- 2+ years of experience developing large scale Information storage and retrieval, mapping technologies, and/or GIS data visualization tools or GIS oriented web applications
- Experience with open source GIS tools such as QGIS, gdal/ogr or spatialite
- Programming languages in SQL, C++, Java, or Python
- Geospatial data analysis, visualization and reporting
- Experience developing for existing commercial GIS toolchains, e.g. ARCGIS
- Experience working with raw data sources such as digital terrain models, aerial imagery, global geospatial data sources
At Wing, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.