Software Engineer, University Graduate, 2022
Remote, England, United Kingdom
Wing is reshaping the future of delivery. We are an on-demand drone delivery service that can deliver food, medicine and other items within minutes. We’ve also developed an unmanned traffic management platform to safely route drones through the sky. Our service is faster, safer and produces far less pollution than traditional delivery. Originally created in 2012 within X, the Moonshot Factory, Wing is now an Alphabet company.
About the Role:
Wing is looking for Software Engineers to join our Software Products & Services team! Our team builds mobile and web applications, backend systems and infrastructure that power Wing's drone delivery service, enables drone pilots to fly safely in the US, Europe, and Australia, and supports Wing's engineering team in building the next generation of drone delivery technology. You'll work alongside passionate engineers who care about building quality drone delivery and Unmanned Traffic Management services, and help to define how we bring delivery to the sky!
Our team covers a wide variety of domains, so if you're excited about building apps that will be used by real-world customers, developing scalable backend services, delighting users with friendly, welcoming interfaces, or enjoy working with large-scale technical infrastructure, come join our team!
What You’ll Do:
- Participate in full life-cycle software development including requirements, design, development, testing, and support of new features and capabilities
- Build the next generation of drone delivery software and services
- Help us grow and deliver by solving difficult challenges related to the scale of Wing operations, and bring greater scale and reliability to Wing's systems
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams across Wing to tackle novel challenges in a growing field
- Further develop your skills in application development and distributed systems, learn about drone aviation, and work with a supportive, growth-oriented team
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- Strong foundation in computer science, data structures, algorithms and software design
- Experience with at least one OOP language
- Passion for learning and strong teamwork mindset
- Experience developing your own side projects or participation in open source projects around ideas you’re passionate about
- Passion for aviation, drones, or related technologies
At Wing, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.