Experience Design Intern, Summer 2022
Palo Alto, California, United States
Wing is reshaping the future of delivery. We are an on-demand drone delivery service that can deliver food, medicine or other items within minutes. We’ve also developed an unmanned traffic management platform to safely route drones through the sky. Our service is faster, safer and produces far less pollution than traditional delivery. Originally created in 2012 within X, the Moonshot Factory, Wing is now an Alphabet company.
About the Program:
Wing is hosting a 12 week paid internship during the summer of 2022. It will be an in person internship based in Palo Alto, CA. Start dates will be in May or June. We will review applications and interview candidates on a rolling basis.
About the Opportunity:
Visual Design: From crafting cohesive icons, color palette to developing system components. Experiment with styles, look & feel, and aesthetics of diagrams, presentations, visualizations, illustrations, and everything else.
Interaction Design: As detailed as how everything works and responds to users input, or as broad as how the system works in town and city scales. Make sense of flows and journeys to help meet users’ needs and solve their problems. Define discoverable, usable, and effective behaviors and go beyond traditional patterns.
Motion Design: Use time to tell an experiential story. Inject surprise and delight into the product to forge a long lasting emotional bond with users and elevate the Wing brand. Motion graphics, video demo, storyboarding, animated sequence, UI animations, microinteraction, are some examples.
Prototype: Bring ideas and concepts to life with mid to high fidelity prototypes with code or other prototyping tools. Express your ideas through interactive demos beyond static images, and help prototype for the team to facilitate the design process.
What You’ll Need:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in interaction design, HCI, product design, human-centered design or related field, graduating between December 2022 and August 2023
- Strong portfolio of projects to demonstrate that you can thoroughly understand users’ needs and craft beautiful, simple, and elegant interfaces to solve their problems.
- Strong focus on problem solving with human centered design
- Proficiency in Figma and working knowledge of Sketch, Framer, or equivalent software
- Produce design artifacts such as annotated wireframes, prototypes, interaction specifications and guidelines
- High attention to detail, user advocacy, and elevating experiences with surprise and delight
- Ability to proactively solicit feedback, pitch ideas, and present concepts to broader audiences on the team
- Eager to learn and collaborate cross functionally with designers, engineers, and product management
- Previous design internship experiences
- Experience developing your own side projects
- Experience with developing design systems and iconography
- Experience working on solo full-stack end to end UX projects
- Experience with motion graphics
- Experience creating interactive prototypes within Framer or with code
- Passion or interest in aviation, drones, or emerging technologies
At Wing, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.