Software Engineering Intern, Summer 2022
Palo Alto, California, United States
Wing is reshaping the future of delivery. We are an on-demand drone delivery service that can deliver food, medicine or other items within minutes. We’ve also developed an unmanned traffic management platform to safely route drones through the sky. Our service is faster, safer and produces far less pollution than traditional delivery. Originally created in 2012 within X, the Moonshot Factory, Wing is now an Alphabet company.
About the Program:
Wing is hosting a 12 week paid internship during the summer of 2022. It will be an in-person internship based in Palo Alto, CA. Start dates will be in May or June. We will review applications and interview candidates on a rolling basis.
About the Opportunity:
- Commerce Android - builds the consumer and partner facing interfaces that enable Wing’s business. These interfaces and their supporting backends allow consumers to order things for delivery by drone, and enable merchant partners to fulfill those orders and send them out for delivery.
- Flight Services - builds backend API services to support the Wing mission. These services ensure that aircraft fly in accordance with local regulations, manage the process of turning an order into a real drone flight, and monitor aircraft in flight.
What You’ll Need:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field, graduating between December 2022 and August 2023
- Proficiency in at least one OOP language, including but not limited to C++, Java, Kotlin, Swift, etc.
- Passion or interest in aviation, drones, Internet of Things (IoT), or remotely controlled vehicles
- Experience developing your own side projects or participation in open source projects
- Prior experience building mobile apps
At Wing, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.