Electrical Engineering/Embedded Software Engineering Intern, Summer 2022
Palo Alto, California, United States
Wing is reshaping the future of delivery. We are an on-demand drone delivery service that can deliver food, medicine or other items within minutes. We’ve also developed an unmanned traffic management platform to safely route drones through the sky. Our service is faster, safer and produces far less pollution than traditional delivery. Originally created in 2012 within X, the Moonshot Factory, Wing is now an Alphabet company.
About the Program:
Wing is hosting a 12 week paid internship during the summer of 2022. It will be an in person internship based in Palo Alto, CA. Start dates will be in May or June. We will review applications and interview candidates on a rolling basis.
About the Team:
The Embedded team within the Electrical Engineering group works closely with the EEs and other software teams to ensure hardware components are correctly configured and easily accessible by upper layers of the software.
What You’ll Need:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or related field, graduating between December 2022 and August 2023
- Fluency in at least one of the following programming languages: C or C++
- Classes and labs in computer architecture/organization, embedded systems & digital logic
- Passion or interest in aviation
- Experience developing your own side projects or participation in open source projects with ideas you’re passionate about
- Projects using Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Robotics,
- Experience with Linux development environment, Linux Kernel/Device Driver development
- Interest for learning and applying SW Engineering best practices and Safety Critical Systems development methods
At Wing, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.