Aerodynamics Engineering Intern, Summer 2022
Palo Alto, California, United States
Wing is reshaping the future of delivery. We are an on-demand drone delivery service that can deliver food, medicine or other items within minutes. We’ve also developed an unmanned traffic management platform to safely route drones through the sky. Our service is faster, safer and produces far less pollution than traditional delivery. Originally created in 2012 within X, the Moonshot Factory, Wing is now an Alphabet company.
About the Program:
Wing is hosting a 12 week paid internship during the summer of 2022. It will be an in-person internship based in Palo Alto, CA. Start dates will be in May or June. We will review applications and interview candidates on a rolling basis.
About the Opportunity:
Join the Aerodynamics & Performance team at Wing and help us prototype and test the next generation of Wing delivery aircraft!
What You’ll Need:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in aerospace engineering or related field, graduating between December 2022 and August 2023
- Familiarity with aircraft design and aerodynamics
- Familiarity with structural and mechanical design
- Experience with Matlab, Python, or similar programming language
- Strong examples of collaborative, hands-on engineering experience from, e.g., prior work experience, university programs, internships, or student organizations
- Passion for aviation, drones, or related technologies
- Familiarity with aircraft dynamics and control fundamentals
- Experience using AVL, XFOIL, XROTOR or similar software
- Experience with Ardupilot, PX4, or similar systems
At Wing, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.