Palo Alto, California, United States
Wing is reshaping the future of delivery. We are an on-demand drone delivery service that can deliver food, medicine or other items within minutes. We’ve also developed an unmanned traffic management platform to safely route drones through the sky. Our service is faster, safer and produces far less pollution than traditional delivery. Originally created in 2012 within X, the Moonshot Factory, Wing is now an Alphabet company.
About the Role:
Wing is looking for a Sourcing Manager to join our Manufacturing Operations team based in Palo Alto, California. In this role, you will be responsible for the end to end lifecycle of supplier partners with Wing. As a Sourcing Manager, you will create and develop a scalable sourcing department by identifying and negotiating with new supplier partners, as well as, managing the relationship throughout their engagement with our company.
What You’ll Do:
- Engage and own the commercial relationship with manufacturing partners and are responsible for cost negotiations, continuity of supply, risk management, driving operational and cost efficiencies through process or design change, as well overall project execution
- Successful Sourcing manager will thrive in a rapidly changing environment and constantly drive excellence across their own responsibilities as well as that of team members and partners. They frequently leverage strategic internal relationships to effectively collaborate with stakeholders. Make smart decisions with the information available, think and stay focused under pressure, and communicate concisely and effectively with senior management as well as peers
- Identify and scale new and existing manufacturing partners as well as executing creative and strategic commercial deals to achieve goals around cost, supply, and quality
What You'll Need:
- 10+ years of experience in supply chain development, sourcing management, or strong engineering background in product development
- Top-notch analytical/negotiation skills
- Ability to toggle between strategic and detail oriented thinking
- Tenacious problem solving & issue resolution skills
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to influence across multiple functional teams
- Flexibility to adapt to dynamic and rapidly changing environments
- Excellent communicators, capable of working in multinational environments, driven and motivated by accomplishing extraordinary objective
At Wing, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.