Program Manager, Launch - Australia
Wing is reshaping the future of delivery. We are an on-demand drone delivery service that can deliver food, medicine or other items within minutes. We’ve also developed an unmanned traffic management platform to safely route drones through the sky. Our service is faster, safer and produces far less pollution than traditional delivery. Originally created in 2012 within X, the Moonshot Factory, Wing is now an Alphabet company.
About the Role:
Wing is looking for an experienced Program Manager to support expansion of our site footprint in existing service areas (Queensland and Canberra), entry into new markets elsewhere in Australia, and integration of 3rd party strategic partners to our delivery service. In this role you’ll work closely with our local Operations, Partnerships, Policy and Marketing teams, as well as our California-based Product and Engineering teams to rapidly scale Wing’s serviceable market. The right person will have a track record managing large-scale deployment or launch projects.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and own productive internal relationships with Operations, Partnerships, Product, Engineering, Legal, Policy, and externally with strategic partners and stakeholders
- Track all aspects of a given project from start to finish, organizing priorities, proactively identifying potential blockers, brainstorming solutions to mitigate, and escalating as appropriate
- Coordinate the definition of projects and implementation of processes, helping Wing and its partners achieve our collective goals, safely
- Collaborate on the development and iteration of playbooks, helping to make launch and integration efforts predictable and repeatable
- Act as an agent of change, continually helping your partners and stakeholders find clarity and reinvent processes as the business scales
- Provide regular reporting updates on launch status
What You'll Need:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years managing complex projects, operational deployments or launches
- Experience in a customer-facing or partnerships capacity
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Technical aptitude and strong analytical skills
- Comfort with ambiguity and the ability to exercise good judgment in a rapidly changing and sometimes stressful environment
- Proven ability to effectively influence and communicate across multiple functions, up and down the organization, and externally with partners
Travel within Australia (up to 40%) required and sometimes for extended periods, COVID and lockdown regulations permitting.
At Wing, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.