Senior Program Manager, Launch
Palo Alto, California, United States
Wing is reshaping the future of delivery. We are an on-demand drone delivery service that can deliver food, medicine or other items within minutes. We’ve also developed an unmanned traffic management platform to safely route drones through the sky. Our service is faster, safer and produces far less pollution than traditional delivery. Originally created in 2012 within X, the Moonshot Factory, Wing is now an Alphabet company.
About the Role:
Wing is recruiting a Senior Program Manager to manage a multi-disciplinary and geographically dispersed team working to support expansion and deployment of our delivery service to new markets. In this role you’ll oversee a busy portfolio of new site launches in various stages of deployment, standing up new physical sites from start to finish. You will also support the integration of new strategic partners, working closely with Operations, Partnerships, Product, Engineering and Program Management counterparts to deliver needed features, API integrations etc.
What You’ll Do:
- Oversee dual portfolios of new site launches and partner integrations, tracking all aspects of a given project from start to finish by organizing priorities, proactively identifying potential blockers, brainstorming solutions to mitigate, and escalating as appropriate
- Develop and own productive internal relationships with a majority of teams internal to Wing, and externally with strategic partners and local government stakeholders
- Help to establish the scope of site launches considered first-of-kind or thee integration of new partner verticals by facilitating workshops, gathering requirements, and solidifying the plan in the form of objectives and milestones
- Lead the development and iteration of playbooks that help to make integration efforts predictable and repeatable
- Act as an agent of change in everything you do, continually helping your partners and stakeholders find clarity and reinvent processes as the business scales
- Source, hire, and train a local team in advance of a given launch, work to stabilize and find efficiency, and then transfer into Operations before moving on to the next project
- Regularly report against launch progress at Milestone Meetings and Program Reviews
What You'll Need:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- 10+ years managing large scale launch or deployment projects
- Experience building and managing high-performing teams
- Experience in an operations or partnerships context
- Proven ability to effectively influence and communicate across multiple functions, up and down the organization, and externally with partners
At Wing, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.