Aviation Compliance Analyst
Wing is reshaping the future of delivery. We are an on-demand drone delivery service that can deliver food, medicine or other items within minutes. We’ve also developed an unmanned traffic management platform to safely route drones through the sky. Our service is faster, safer and produces far less pollution than traditional delivery. Originally created in 2012 within X, the Moonshot Factory, Wing is now an Alphabet company.
About the Role:
Wing is looking for an Aviation Compliance Analyst to join our Policy Team team with basing options in Palo Alto, CA or Washington, DC. The ideal candidate has a passion for all things aviation, a demonstrated knowledge of government and industry best practices to ensure certification and compliance of unmanned aircraft and their associated systems, and the ability to deliver results as part of a dynamic, cross-functional team.
What You’ll Do:
- Define requirements for automating & integrate routine reporting tasks such as data logging, formatting & summary statistics
- Collaborate with Wing teams (such as Engineering) to improve Wing's internal regulatory conformance methods and sustainable and scalable practices
- Define and shape Wing's positions & best practices to align regulatory reporting methods & reporting across countries/continents
- Perform internal compliance audits for requirements, exemptions & regulations;
- Develop metrics and guide development of analysis tools to assess Wing's performance, identify problem/focus areas, address & improve.
- Support Wing's efforts in building and reviewing applications for approvals, certifications, waivers and exemptions that Wing submits to regulatory agencies
- Collaborate with Wing’s Engineering and Certification teams to help build compliance test plans and lead compliance ground and flight testing events to support regulatory compliance.
What You’ll Need:
- BA/BS degree in Engineering, Aviation or other related fields (or equivalent practical experience)
- 6+ years experience in leading or executing regulatory approvals for an aircraft, aircraft component system or air carrier
- Passion or interest in aviation
- Ability to travel to support Wing test/certification and validation events
At Wing, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.