Palo Alto, California, United States
Wing is reshaping the future of delivery. We are an on-demand drone delivery service that can deliver food, medicine or other items within minutes. We’ve also developed an unmanned traffic management platform to safely route drones through the sky. Our service is faster, safer and produces far less pollution than traditional delivery. Originally created in 2012 within X, the Moonshot Factory, Wing is now an Alphabet company.
About the Role:
Are you a creative, results-oriented, self-starter? Are you excited to devise communications strategies that tell stories about cutting-edge technology in an accessible and engaging way? If you answered “yes” to these questions, this may be the role for you!
Wing is looking for a Communications Lead to join our Marketing & Communications team. The ideal candidate has a passion for marketing very-new-to-the-world technologies, building campaigns that talk to many different types of stakeholders, and the ability to deliver results as part of a dynamic, cross-functional team.
What You’ll Do:
- Identify and coordinate press opportunities for Wing
- Develop written materials, such as blog posts, FAQs, talking points, and more to effectively communicate about Wing
- Partner with our marketing and public policy teams to create memorable events and campaigns that promote Wing
- Develop strong relationships with journalists to pitch stories and communicate complex technology and regulatory environments in simple terms
- Train and advise spokespersons for media interviews, press conferences, and industry presentations
- Manage agency partners to produce excellent creative work
- Create social copy that highlights external messaging/narratives
What You’ll Need:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 6+ years of relevant work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience with communications to regulators or policymakers, or experience working in a heavily regulated industry
- Startup experience ideal, startup mentality a must; a cross-functional leader who gets things done, scrappy and hands-on
- Ability to think, plan and execute on multiple projects simultaneously in an organized fashion
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Passion or interest in aviation
At Wing, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.