Regulatory Certification & Compliance Manager
Wing is reshaping the future of delivery. We are an on-demand drone delivery service that can deliver food, medicine or other items within minutes. We’ve also developed an unmanned traffic management platform to safely route drones through the sky. Our service is faster, safer and produces far less pollution than traditional delivery. Originally created in 2012 within X, the Moonshot Factory, Wing is now an Alphabet company.
About the Role:
Wing is looking for a Regulatory Certification and Compliance Manager to join our Policy team based in Helsinki, Finland or London, England. As a member of our Policy team, you will represent Wing in negotiations with regulators, industry standards groups, and other stakeholders to secure UAS regulatory approvals. This role requires great people skills, a proactive mindset, a get-things-done attitude, and excellent communication skills. Ideal candidates have a passion for aviation and technology and a technical background in aviation safety, certification or engineering..
What You’ll Do:
- Serve as Wing's primary representative to unified (e.g. the European Aviation Safety Agency) and country-specific regulatory agencies on certification
- Work with regulatory agencies to influence, define and document certification requirements
- Develop certification applications & all supporting evidence for approval and submission
- Align Wing processes, procedures, tools and best practices to applicable regulatory agency requirements
- In collaboration with Wing's policy/regulatory teams, negotiate on Wing's behalf to secure approvals, authorizations and waivers
- As certifications are attained, work with compliance/automation functions to identify compliance requirements (including metrics and reporting) and support automation of reporting as processes mature
What You’ll Need:
- Proactive team player with great people skills, the ability to work independently, and to exercise good judgment in a rapidly changing environment.
- 5+ years experience working UAS-related topics with regulatory agencies
- Demonstrated knowledge of national and international UAS Regulations for specific categories of operations (e.g. SORA)
- Demonstrated knowledge of the regulatory process (e.g. Type-Certification, waiver submission/ approvals)
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Knowledge of U-Space regulatory trends and developments
- Experience working in a geographically dispersed team
- Prior professional experience working for or with International aviation regulators
- Team player attitude
At Wing, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.