Business Intelligence Analyst
Palo Alto, California, United States
Wing is reshaping the future of delivery. We are an on-demand drone delivery service that can deliver food, medicine or other items within minutes. We’ve also developed an unmanned traffic management platform to safely route drones through the sky. Our service is faster, safer and produces far less pollution than traditional delivery. Originally created in 2012 within X, the Moonshot Factory, Wing is now an Alphabet company.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst to join our BI & Analytics team. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can partner with stakeholders to understand ambiguous challenges and deploy robust technical solutions that deliver actionable insights, increase process efficiencies, empower business owners to make strategic decisions, and drive Wing’s growth.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage the entire lifecycle of Wing’s BI tools and services
- Work with our strategy, operations and engineering teams to wrangle unstructured data from source systems, and architect and deploy robust data pipelines
- Design, track, and deploy KPIs and metrics critical to Wing’s success
- Build, launch, and maintain dashboards that delight stakeholders and provides them with actionable metrics to support strategic decisions
- Identify recurring analyses and deploy automation solutions that improve or eliminate manual work
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders and leaders to gather requirements and leverage effective project communication and management to deliver BI solutions
- Identify, analyze, interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets to deliver strategic insights and recommendations
- Drive ad-hoc, end-to-end analysis into strategic issues as needed by management
What You’ll Need:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience in business intelligence, data analytics or data engineering roles
- 3+ years of experience using SQL to manipulate complex and unstructured data sets, and maintaining tables, dashboards and data pipelines
- 2+ years experience in building dashboards and visualizations with tools such as Tableau, Cognos, Business Objects, QlikView, etc
- Independent problem solver able to work backwards from user requirements to deploy best-in-class solutions with limited guidance
- Exceptional analytical skills and attention to detail, with an ability to quickly grasp technical details
- Ability to own multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- Exemplary communication, writing and interpersonal skills
- Passion or interest in aviation
- Expertise in statistics
- Intermediate to advanced Python and/or XML programming
- Database experience with transactional/ERP systems (SAP, ServiceNow, Oracle, Hyperion, etc.)
- Prior experience using Google’s dashboarding tools such as Colab notebooks, PLX dashboards or Datastudio
- Team player; willing to help out other team members as necessary while promoting positive morale
At Wing, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.