Strategy Manager, APAC
Wing is reshaping the future of delivery. We are an on-demand drone delivery service that can deliver food, medicine or other items within minutes. We’ve also developed an unmanned traffic management platform to safely route drones through the sky. Our service is faster, safer and produces far less pollution than traditional delivery. Originally created in 2012 within X, the Moonshot Factory, Wing is now an Alphabet company.
About the Role:
The Wing Product & Strategy team is looking to hire a Strategy Manager for APAC. You will work closely with product management, engineering, and other cross-functional team members to develop complex business-level and product strategies (e.g., multi-year business plan, specific product strategies, new product business cases, APAC and more particularly Australia GTM strategy), drive ad hoc strategic projects (e.g., partner models), provide analytics support (e.g. define key business metrics, perform in-depth analysis to answer important questions on product trends/business performance), and facilitate running the business (e.g. orchestrate business reviews).
What You’ll Do:
- Lead projects and short-term deep dives: Lead cross-functional project teams, to structure and execute analysis required to develop recommendations; communicate findings to senior management
- Lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish; manage project schedules, identify risks and clearly communicate goals to project stakeholders
- Develop market and strategic analysis, working with leadership and product management team (e.g. market sizing, buy/build/partner assessment, competitive strategy/game theory)
- Develop commercial models, pricing/packaging strategies, business case, financial model/projections
- Define and track key product/business metrics/KPIs, lead monthly and quarterly business reviews, support annual planning for HC/spend across prioritized initiatives
- Work with cross-functional teams (sales, marketing, partnership teams, operations, flight operations) to drive go to market (GTM) strategies
- Proactively and regularly analyze key metrics, identifying initial insights and undertaking follow up in depth analysis
- Provide insightful data-driven strategic recommendations to leadership, based on strategic insights, analysis, experience, technical acumen and good judgment
What You'll Need:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience in a top-tier Management Consulting, Tech Companies, Last-mile Delivery Companies, Product Management and/or Investment Banking/Venture Capital firm
- Master at problem solving complex initiatives
- Previous work experience in APAC and more specifically Australia
- Program management -- experience in small or large-scale program project of strategic initiatives
- High level degree of autonomy - capable of leading complex projects and strategies with limited direction
- Deliver effective presentations of findings and recommendations to multiple levels of stakeholders
- Distinctive problem solving, analysis skills and impeccable business judgment. Comfort with data modeling, reporting and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to perform analysis and express recommendations with very limited direction
- MBA and 10+ years of experience in Management Consulting, Corporate Development, Product Management or Investment Banking/Venture Capital
- Experience within the last mile delivery space and/or aerospace industry a major plus
At Wing, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.