Pilot In Command
Christiansburg, Virginia, United States
Wing is reshaping the future of delivery. We are an on-demand drone delivery service that can deliver food, medicine or other items within minutes. We’ve also developed an unmanned traffic management platform to safely route drones through the sky. Our service is faster, safer and produces far less pollution than traditional delivery. Wing has been operating a commercial drone delivery service in several locations globally for more than a year and has completed thousands of successful deliveries.
About the Role:
Wing is looking for an sUAS Operator to join our Flight Operations team. You will help us operate multiple highly autonomous small unmanned aircraft systems. You will be working with a team of technicians and field operators to operate the system while monitoring flight and system conditions. You will be expected to meet and maintain the qualification requirements to act as a pilot-in-command for our commercial drone delivery service. The ideal candidate has a passion for aviation and the ongoing development of this new industry and has three or more years of experience in a safety critical industry/role such as aviation, energy, transportation, etc.
What you’ll do:
- Function as Wing HQ primary POC for daily operational or technical issues in Christiansburg, VA
- Manage the daily schedule execution for Wing Flight Operations in Christiansburg, VA
- Ensure operating site technical readiness
- Qualify and function as a Part 135 sUAS pilot-in-command for Wing’s highly autonomous drone delivery service on a regular basis
- Communicate with other crew-members to safely and effectively operate the system
- Coordinate and support Operational Test & Evaluation for Wing in Christiansburg, VA.
- Maintain the high professional standards required for a drone Part 135 pilot-in-command
- Cross train and perform duties of a Ground Support Operator (GSO) and Visual Observer (VO) on a regular basis
- Function as local Wing flight operations subject matter expert and public communicator for Christiansburg, VA
What You'll Need:
- Current FAA Part 107 Remote Pilot certificate
- At least 3 years experience with commercial or public sUAS operations or university level education and training in civil sUAS operations
- Experience working with web-based monitoring and control interfaces
- Experience with technical or engineering record keeping methods and tools
- Experience with scheduling or coordinating field operations in commercial or public sUAS operations or other industries
- Ability to communicate clearly in spoken and written english
- Ability to perform physically, lift 35 lbs and perform continuous tasks in outdoor environments for extended periods
- Willingness to travel to complete initial and periodic training
- Current driver’s license and clean driving record
- Willingness to operate a light commercial vehicle for extended periods to transport aircraft
- Ability to work independently and in teams while still maintaining rigorous attention to detail
- Able to maintain attention to detail for extended periods in a monitoring role
- No medical condition which would prevent obtaining an FAA Second Class Medical Certificate
- Willing to meet Pilot Records Improvement Act (PRIA) records consent requirements
- This position is subject to Wing’s Drug and Alcohol testing policy in accordance with Wing’s operating procedures
At Wing, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.