Wing is reshaping the future of delivery. We are an on-demand drone delivery service that can deliver food, medicine or other items within minutes. We’ve also developed an unmanned traffic management platform to safely route drones through the sky. Our service is faster, safer and produces far less pollution than traditional delivery. Originally created in 2012 within X, the Moonshot Factory, Wing is now an Alphabet company.
About the Role:
Wing is looking for a Operations/Support Engineer to join our Ops Infrastructure team based in Sydney, Australia. Our team has a broad remit, providing the ground infrastructure across our global deployments, as well as developing and deploying cloud-based services for Wing's flight operations, engineering and business teams to safely manage our aircraft fleet and delivery operations.
The ideal candidate has clear communication skills, a background in systems administration, networking or end-user technical support, and will work in conjunction with our system and software engineers to build and support global deployments that power Wing's delivery service.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide remote and on-site support for our end-users at Wing's sites around Australia and the Asia-Pacific region
- Install, troubleshoot and maintain systems, networks and devices across our APAC sites
- Find the right technical solutions for Wing's staff to safely and seamlessly perform business duties
- Identify and document processes to standardize IT operations and support globally
- Identify opportunities to improve Wing's IT infrastructure, and work with our software and system engineers to execute those improvements
What You’ll Need:
- BA/BS in an IT-related degree, or equivalent (2 years) practical experience
- When safe, periodic travel to Wing's operations sites across Australia and APAC will be required as part of this role
- Clear and considerate communication skills
- Passion or interest in aviation
At Wing, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.