Software Engineer - Data
Palo Alto, California, United States
Wing is reshaping the future of delivery. We are an on-demand drone delivery service that can deliver food, medicine or other items within minutes. We’ve also developed an unmanned traffic management platform to safely route drones through the sky. Our service is faster, safer and produces far less pollution than traditional delivery. Originally created in 2012 within X, the Moonshot Factory, Wing is now an Alphabet company.
About the Role:
Wing is looking for a Software Engineer to join our Data Infrastructure team based in the Palo Alto, California. The ideal candidate has a thorough understanding of data pipeline scalability, has experience with managing distributed data collection systems, and has an understanding of monitoring and alerting principles for data pipelines. You'll be working with our infrastructure, R&D and operations teams to provide better visibility into the data infrastructure that powers all aspects of Wing's engineering and operations.
What You’ll Do:
- Plan and manage the ingestion and storage of Wing's vehicle data
- Build operations and engineering tools for Wing's data pipelines
- Build observability tooling and frontends for Wing's R&D and operations teams to inspect vehicle data
- Establish monitoring, SLOs and alerts for Wing's data pipelines
- Perform resource planning and forecasting for storage for Wing's data systems
- Develop automation to shape and budget throughput from data acquisition systems
What You’ll Need:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with data pipelines, backend infrastructure or distributed systems
- Passion or interest in aviation
- Experience with monitoring, observability & SLOs
- Experience with frontend software development
- Strong understanding of SQL, and ability to support adjacent teams' analysis needs
At Wing, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.