Palo Alto, California, United States
Wing is reshaping the future of delivery. We are an on-demand drone delivery service that can deliver food, medicine or other items within minutes. We’ve also developed an unmanned traffic management platform to safely route drones through the sky. Our service is faster, safer and produces far less pollution than traditional delivery. Originally created in 2012 within X, the Moonshot Factory, Wing is now an Alphabet company.
About the Role:
Wing is looking for a People Partner to join our People team. The ideal candidate has a passion for organizational development, employee relations, and strategic people support. They will understand industry best practices and be excited about working with dynamic clients in a cutting-edge industry.
What You’ll Do:
You will help solve complex organizational challenges using people-related solutions to ultimately push our mission and business goals forward:
- Consult with leaders to create a comprehensive people plan, using expertise in organizational design, talent mapping, and succession planning to drive that strategy
- Coach managers to develop strong skills around hiring and building teams, managing performance, growing top talent, and facilitating open communication
- Drive adoption and engagement with our people programs across the organization, specifically around performance management
- Be the expert in handling employee relations issues, and ensure adherence to our Code of Conduct and other behavioral expectations
- Use knowledge of employment structures with FTE and TVC employees and other compliance requirements in partnership with employment legal
- Promote a global and cross-functional means of operating, assisting in in bridging relations between all functions and regions
- Identify root issues and trends in employee engagement, attrition, and retention, and work to resolution
- Take an equitable, inclusive, and diverse lens across how we operate as team, and make recommendations (and in some cases, implement yourself) where you see fit
- Promote a culture that embodies our Wing values
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ years of HRBP experience, including support for senior leadership
- A combination of experience in the following areas: organizational design, performance management, diversity and inclusion, compensation and rewards, coaching and development, employee relations, and/or employment legal
- Sharp ability to problem-solve in ambiguous situations, getting to the root of any issue and efficiently getting to strategic solutions
- Crisp, clear communication skills and change management experience
At Wing, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.