Palo Alto, California, United States
Wing is reshaping the future of delivery. We are an on-demand drone delivery service that can deliver food, medicine or other items within minutes. We’ve also developed an unmanned traffic management platform to safely route drones through the sky. Our service is faster, safer and produces far less pollution than traditional delivery. Originally created in 2012 within X, the Moonshot Factory, Wing is now an Alphabet company.
About the Role:
As an Aerodynamics Engineer, you are responsible for aerodynamic design, test and analysis for unmanned aerial vehicle systems. You bring superb technical, research and analytical capabilities with a demonstrated ability to get the right work done quickly and effectively, diving deep, producing analysis and communicating results to a broad audience of content experts.
What You’ll Do:
- Perform aerodynamic configuration trade studies on mission performance that includes effects of weight, fuel, stability and control, propulsion, and payloads
- Develop aerodynamic databases for use in 6 degree of freedom simulation models (aero tables)
- Maintain current legacy computer analysis programs, and support the development of modified and new software tools and methods
- Support Aircraft design through conceptual, preliminary and detailed design phases including analysis, prototyping, integration, and test activities
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Aerospace Engineering or related field
- 3+ years experience in aircraft conceptual and preliminary design
- Experience partnering with a multidisciplinary engineering team, including mechanical, electrical, propulsion and software disciplines
- Excellent written and verbal communication; ability to explain complex concepts and designs to colleagues across disciplines
- Comfort with a fast-paced environment and an appetite for innovation
- Experience in conceptual design and prototyping of unmanned aircraft
- Experience in communicating with management, as well as technical and business teams to collect requirements, describe product features and technical designs
- Experience with data processing and visualization tools such as Python, Matlab, or Excel
At Wing, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.