Palo Alto, California, United States
Wing is reshaping the future of delivery. We are an on-demand drone delivery service that can deliver food, medicine or other items within minutes. We’ve also developed an unmanned traffic management platform to safely route drones through the sky. Our service is faster, safer and produces far less pollution than traditional delivery. Originally created in 2012 within X, the Moonshot Factory, Wing is now an Alphabet company.
About the Role:
As a System Engineer for Wing, you will utilize your domain knowledge and engineering skills to translate business needs into technical requirements, support technical trade studies, plan and execute verification and validation activities on various system product levels. The ideal candidate has demonstrated experience supporting safety critical or large scale, distributed software applications, ability to analyze and document complex topics, and works effectively in a dynamic, cross-functional team.
What You’ll Do:
- Guide products from conception to launch including functional and technical requirements, formulating, and defining system scope, integration requirements, and objectives
- Collect information regarding product required functionality, manufacturing, installation, operating environment and interfaces, and utilize the information to guide product design decisions and concept of operations
- Apply analytical skills to extract insights from large and complex datasets to inform product performance, quantify design implementations, and analyze and monitor the safety of the system
- Plan and execute verification and validation activities, and develop evidence based test reports for internal and external consumption
- Participate and contribute to the development of engineering templates, processes and best practices
- Work collaboratively with specialized engineering domains, operations, legal, standards etc. on cutting edge technologies while managing dependencies, risk and safety
What You’ll Need:
- BA/BS in System Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of related domain experience as a System Engineer, Technical Program Manager or Product subject matter expert
- Experience with system engineering focused on hardware systems, large scale software applications, automation, data analytics, safety systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience partnering with policy and regulatory teams and working with external regulators
- Python/C++ / SQL
- Passion for Aviation
At Wing, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.