Palo Alto, California, United States
Wing is reshaping the future of delivery. We are an on-demand drone delivery service that can deliver food, medicine or other items within minutes. We’ve also developed an unmanned traffic management platform to safely route drones through the sky. Our service is faster, safer and produces far less pollution than traditional delivery. Originally created in 2012 within X, the Moonshot Factory, Wing is now an Alphabet company.
About the Role:
Wing is looking for a passionate Security Engineer. There's no such thing as a "safe system" - only safer systems. You will be part of the core Technical Infrastructure team working alongside software developers, hardware engineers, and product managers.
As a Security Engineer, you help protect network boundaries, keep remotely piloted aircraft, computer systems and network devices hardened against attacks and provide security services to protect sensitive data like passwords and customer information. Security Engineers work hands-on with network equipment and actively monitor our systems for attacks and intrusions. You also work with software engineers to proactively identify and fix security flaws and vulnerabilities.
What You’ll Do:
In this role, you will be working across Wing's business areas on a wide variety of security domains including, but not limited to:
- Identity and access management, cryptography
- Software security on infrastructure systems, embedded system environments and customer-facing applications
- Advocating for and educating development teams on security best practices
- Network security across our global deployments
With your technical expertise you manage project priorities, deadlines and deliverables. You design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance security solutions while working with Wing’s partner teams at Google. You will support technical security assessments, and perform and/or support security consulting, design reviews, code reviews, and vulnerability testing for Wing’s products and services to highlight risk, helping improve security.
- Design, implement, and verify technical solutions that mitigate security issues in Wing networks and systems
- Perform and/or support technical security assessments, security consulting, design reviews, code reviews, and vulnerability testing to highlight risk
- Conduct research to identify new attack vectors against Wing’s products and services
- Advocate security and secure practices for Wing’s teams and assist in ensuring our production systems are safeguarded
- Identify personal and team priorities, and able to work on assignments with minimal supervision while maintaining quality and deadlines
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, or equivalent practical experience
- 3 years of relevant work experience in security
- Coding experience in one or more general purpose languages (e.g. C++ or Python)
- Experience analyzing and implementing security systems (e.g access controls, penetration testing, web application security testing, vulnerability scanning, threat modeling, etc.)
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Experience with cloud infrastructure and services, including common security challenges and/or solutions related to cloud infrastructure and services (GCP)
- Previous security engineering, security architecture or consulting experience
- Previous experience in aviation, e-commerce, or any other regulated industry
- Passion for Aviation and Drone technologies
At Wing, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.