Product Quality Engineer
Palo Alto, California, United States
Wing is reshaping the future of delivery. We are an on-demand drone delivery service that can deliver food, medicine or other items within minutes. We’ve also developed an unmanned traffic management platform to safely route drones through the sky. Our service is faster, safer and produces far less pollution than traditional delivery. Originally created in 2012 within X, the Moonshot Factory, Wing is now an Alphabet company.
About the Role:
Are you a creative, results-oriented self-starter? Are you passionate about manufacturing best-in-class delivery drone? If you answered “yes” to these questions, this may be the role for you!
Wing is looking for a Product Quality Engineer to join our manufacturing team based in our Palo Alto office. The ideal candidate should demonstrate knowledge of industry best practices to setup quality system, yield improvement and factory qualification as part of a dynamic, cross-functional team.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for setting and executing advanced quality plan including incoming, in process and outgoing quality check for assemblies or components.
- Ability to review functional specifications, mechanical drawing and lead QA portion of walkthroughs.
- Coordinate with contributing groups to ensure updates are processed on schedule.
- Ability to work with massive amounts of data and measure quality.
- Identify, record, and report any problems through trend analysis
- Perform incoming as well as final inspection
- Audit and support functions on CAPA's, SCAR's and Internal Audits
- Initiate, recommend or provide solutions to non-compliance
What You'll Need:
- BS or higher in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in quality/reliability engineering role and takes care of the product from NPI to volume MFG stage
- Ability to effectively communicate with cross functional teams and management
- Strong manufacturing background in developing robust and repeatable processes to scale new products, including process qualification, process quality control and line qualification in a rapid schedule
- Expert in driving engineering requirements, DFM review and continuous quality improvement at vendors and contract manufacturers
- Ability to use 3D modeling software and simulation software for work purposes such as SolidWorks, Ansys, Mold flow Advisor, etc
- Understanding GD&T, tolerance stack up and design
- Excellent communicator and team player -- capable to identify the time when help is needed and ask for help
- JMP, Minitab and Six Sigma experience.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience including experience in manufacturing environment, especially aviation products
- Experience with the quality and regulatory compliance modules in Agile.
- American Society for Quality certification preferred (CQE, CQM, CRE, or CQA)
- Familiar with AS9100, ISO 9001, ISO/TS 16949
- Experience with mechanical systems, injection molding, machining and casting
- Set up SPC, CP and CPK
- Familiar with DOE, statistical analysis and using statistical tools such as Mini-tab and Jump
- Six Sigma Green/Black Belt preferred
- Fluent in English and Mandarin
At Wing, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.