Business Operations Tools Manager
Palo Alto, California, United States
About the Role:
The Wing Business Operations Tools Manager is responsible for oversight of the internal tools profile supporting business operations. This includes planning, implementation, system configuration, maintenance, governance, compliance, enhancements, user onboarding, end user support, and expansion.
The role will require partnering with regional leaders to ensure requirements are met and liaising with the user community across all of Wing’s countries of operation to drive data quality and overall user competence. An expectation of the role will be to hold (at a minimum) weekly office hours, monthly training sessions, and quarterly audits, during each region’s business hours. This position acts as the Business Owner of the internal toolset and oversees the strategic direction in collaboration with the IT Owner. The role will require 25% to 30% travel.
What you’ll do:
Recommend the nature and scope of present and future tools/toolsets by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and functionality requests; identifying gaps; determining business need; generating value propositions; evaluating product vendors/solutions; recommending enhancements or new solutions. Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks.
Provide subject matter expertise within the toolset including Salesforce (Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Social Studio, Einstein Analytics), Google proprietary systems (Earth Engine, Data Studio), Service Now, Sortly, Delighted, as well as other ancillary tools.
- User administration and new user onboarding.
- Liaise with IT application owner to execute system configuration, maintenance, UAT, governance and end-user support for the tools.
- Act as a stakeholder for individual product enhancements and/or implementation projects.
- Work with business customers and toolset vendors to research, document and resolve system issues.
- Promote data accuracy and integrity through exception reports and automated inquiries to data owners.
- Ensure toolset enables meets our audit and compliance requirements.
- Hands-on configuration of the tools: creating and updating objects, templates, forms, workflows, reports, environments and dashboards.
- Create efficiency by designing and implementing changes to existing mechanisms and leveraging new features and integrating new tools.
- Interact with business customers to understand and document the users’ goals and objectives and ensure cross functional impacts are considered and mitigated.
- Manage the integration of other third party tools.
Primary owner of tool usage norms
- Establish governance models for the tools to provide strategic direction, ensure prioritization of enhancement requests, facilitation of UAT
- Create or contribute to business requirements documents, user training documents, implementation documentation, business processes documents, and solution designs, including the rationale behind the solutions.
- Build and maintain an end-to-end tools context diagram to depict the scope of tools within the discipline, drive consistency and best practices in execution, and build a roadmap to streamline/synthesize where possible.
- Establish norms and best practices for tool usage, aligned with business needs, data accuracy, and security requirements.
- Consult with users on their use cases and advise on best practices. Mentor “power users”, actively sharing knowledge to develop in-house expertise.
- Understand the business need to anticipate how the tool must be reconfigured to scale with the organization’s needs.
- Partner with vendors in delivering feature requests needed to support use cases and understand upcoming feature releases so they can be implemented and used.
- Develop training roadmap to improve tools discipline for both new and experienced users.
- Create and maintain custom reports and dashboards.
- Oversee tool generated reporting, flag data health issues with appropriate owners and create remediation plans.
- Export reports on a consistent schedule. Partner with technical resources to continually improve automation of data manipulation.
What you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree.
- 5-10 years demonstrated experience rolling out and maintaining tool sets across multiple countries and time zones, utilizing varied delivery approaches (Waterfall, /Agile, Iterative, etc).
- Exhibit a strategic mindset focused on delivering results; possess a distinct blend of business, technical, and communication acumen.
- Solid experience with CRM tools and reporting. 3-5 years of experience with Salesforce preferred.
- Experience with creating training documentation and delivering training via various mediums (In-person, online/GVC, videos, etc)
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate vision, goals and themes to technical and non-technical audiences at C-suite levels
At Wing, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.