Manufacturing Software Test Engineer
Palo Alto, California, United States
Wing is reshaping the future of delivery. We are an on-demand drone delivery service that can deliver food, medicine or other items within minutes. We’ve also developed an unmanned traffic management platform to safely route drones through the sky. Our service is faster, safer and produces far less pollution than traditional delivery. Originally created in 2012 within X, the Moonshot Factory, Wing is now an Alphabet company.
About the Role:
Are you a creative, results-oriented self-starter? Are you passionate about manufacturing best-in-class delivery drone? If you answered “yes” to these questions, this may be the role for you!
Wing is looking for a Manufacturing Software Test Engineer to join our Manufacturing team based in our Palo Alto office. The ideal candidate has a demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing test development and improvement for new product introduction and mass production, and the ability to deliver results as part of a dynamic, cross-functional team.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop, improve and deploy test system at our manufacturing site for the product
- Support test needs at our operation site for drone validation and induction
- Debugging embedded Linux systems
- Collection and analyzing data, building data analysis tools
- Working with vendors, CM’s, driving projects and deadlines
- Running and debugging test scripts and making simple changes to various tools
What You'll Need:
- BS or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in manufacturing test engineering role and takes care of the product from NPI to volume MFG stage
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux environments
- Knowledge running/developing automated test and test suite automation using object oriented scripting languages (Python, Java, Node.js.)
- Knowledge of test methodologies, writing test plans, creating test cases and debugging
- Knowledge working with embedded consumer electronic devices and driving Software QA processes, methodologies and shipping products
- 5+ years of experience in manufacturing test engineering role
- Experience with hardware communication interfaces such as CAN, UART, I2C, SPI
- Experience building automation stations for testing embedded devices
- Experience building/creating/using robotics to create automated solutions
- Domain expertise in one of these areas: wireless RF protocols, GPS, Wifi, audio quality, Linux systems
- Fluent in English and Mandarin
At Wing, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.