Merchant Operations Manager
Blacksburg, Virginia, United States
About the Company:
Wing is reshaping the future of delivery. We are an on-demand drone delivery service that can deliver food, medicine or other items within minutes. We’ve also developed an unmanned traffic management platform- a air traffic control for unmanned aircraft -to safely route drones through the sky. Our service is faster, safer and produces far less pollution than traditional delivery. Originally created in 2012 within X, the Moonshot Factory, Wing is now an Alphabet company.
About the Role:
Wing is reshaping the future of delivery. We are an on-demand drone delivery service that can deliver food, medicine or other items within minutes. We’ve also developed an unmanned traffic management platform to safely route drones through the sky. Our service is faster, safer and produces far less pollution than traditional delivery. Originally created in 2012 within X, the Moonshot Factory, Wing is now an Alphabet company.
What you’ll do:
- Define a vision, develop a management system, and lead cross-functionally to deliver best-in-class customer facing metrics for Wing’s merchant operations.
- Learn and document how merchant fulfillment operations work in order to influence improvements internally and externally.
- Understand the functionality of underlying metrics, systems, tools, and processes that drive fulfillment operations for Wing.
- Analyze the impact and outcomes enabled by fulfillment products and operations; proactively identify and prioritize areas for improvement, scale, and impact.
- Collect and synthesize merchant feedback to influence the improvement of existing products and processes. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design and launch new product features and/or implement new operational tests or processes.
- Advocate the performance of merchants who fulfill to customers across our entire operation.
- Ensure merchants are achieving Wing expectations for metrics focused on customer satisfaction. These metrics consist of fill rate, cases per merchant order, on-time fulfillment, customer satisfaction and more.
What you'll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Operations or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience managing teams in fulfillment or manufacturing operations.
- 3 years of experience working in a role that influenced external company entities.
- Experience in problem modeling, analysis and solving.
- Natural and flexible leadership with the skill and EQ to influence without direct authority.
- Passionate about online commerce, and the underlying operations that enable goods to ship from a source location to the final customer.
- Proven ability to deliver high-quality work at speed across multiple streams of work.
- Clear, honest, and open communication style, with demonstrated ability to balance competing or conflicting demands in order to drive the right business outcomes.
At Wing, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.