Palo Alto, California, United States
Wing is reshaping the future of delivery. We are an on-demand drone delivery service that can deliver food, medicine or other items within minutes. We’ve also developed an unmanned traffic management platform--a kind of air traffic control for unmanned aircraft--to safely route drones through the sky. Our service is faster, safer and produces far less pollution than traditional delivery. Originally created in 2012 within X, the Moonshot Factory, Wing is now an Alphabet company.
About the Role:
We are looking for high-performing, entrepreneurial candidates who are passionate about technology and helping businesses adapt to the ever-changing world of commerce. You have directly managed the contract & agreements life cycle, and thrive in an environment where there are several in-flight deals. You are highly collaborative, open-minded, persistent and strategic – all vital attributes in order to interact successfully with internal and external partners. Using your influencing and relationship-building skills, you will provide high-caliber relationship development and agreement execution.
In this role, you will work with internal Wing teams, spanning several functions (e.g. Operations, PM, Engineering, Legal, Marketing, Policy, Finance and Strategy). You will influence stakeholders, at executive and working levels, internally and externally, by developing a point of view on go-to-market strategies. You will also lead exploratory discussions with prospective partners such as top retailers and ecosystem players to enable transactions across various retail verticals.
What you’ll do:
- Own the contract management & administration of the agreements space across Wing.
- Identify and lead exploratory discussions with potential partners across industries, with a focus on Wing delivery and Unmanned Aircraft System Traffic Management (UTM).
- Develop an understanding of Wing’s technology, strategy and values and their application to brands, retailers and logistics service providers.
- Structure strategic plans with key partners, and lead the identification, discussion, negotiation and execution of complex agreements.
- Evaluate and quantify opportunities and present recommendations (and agreement challenges) to Wing Leadership.
What you'll need:
- 6+ years prior work experience in business development and working with strategic partners to structure and quantify complex, non-standard agreement structures.
- Experience in agreement consultation, negotiation and execution.
- Experience operating within and leading cross-functional teams (e.g. Product Management, Legal, Policy, Finance, Marketing, etc).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to formulate and articulate contractual, technical, financial and value points with C-level audiences (internal and external).
- Experience with real estate deals and agreements.
- Familiarity in technical areas such as mobile eCommerce, delivery experience, drone technology and regulations, and UTM systems.
- Familiarity with the legal and regulatory framework surrounding the drone industry at a global level.
- Distinctive problem solving, analytical skills and impeccable business judgment. Attention to detail, highly entrepreneurial, creative, open-minded, persistent and highly collaborative.
- Strategic thinker, who can 'zoom-in and out' to determine an effective path forward for an emerging business area.
- Proven top-tier performance with increasing levels of responsibility and independence.
- Self-motivated, results driven and comfortable operating in a rapidly changing industry.
At Wing, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.