Field Product Quality Engineer
Wing is reshaping the future of delivery. We are an on-demand drone delivery service that can deliver food, medicine or other items within minutes. We’ve also developed an unmanned traffic management platform to safely route drones through the sky. Our service is faster, safer and produces far less pollution than traditional delivery. Originally created in 2012 within X, the Moonshot Factory, Wing is now an Alphabet company.
About the Role:
Are you a creative, results-oriented self-starter? Are you passionate about creating a product with best-in-class quality? If you answered “yes” to these questions, this may be the role for you!
Wing is looking for a Field Product Quality Engineer to join our manufacturing quality team based in Australia. The ideal candidate should have the experience of field quality data collection, analysis and field failure reduction, and the ability to deliver results as part of a dynamic, cross-functional team.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop Incoming Quality Control (IQC) plan and checklists at the airplane level, implement it in Australia
- Work with Wing Operations team during airplane induction process which includes airplane bootstrapping, field testing process ensuring airplane field quality
- Be able to run the functional tests at the induction process independently and pull the test result for data analysis, be able to read and understand the test script
- Drive RCCA activities when field failure occurs by working with Contract Manufacturer and Wing functional team until the issue fully closed
- Collect field quality data and report back to Wing team and Contract Manufacturer on a regular basis
- Support Wing ramp-up activities onsite at Contract Manufacturer if required
What You'll Need:
- BS or higher in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in customer facing or field quality engineering role and working on consumer electronic or drone related product
- Experience at leading structure problem solving activities (8D) for any field quality issues
- Knowledge about agile, MES system and able to pull the BOM, drawing information and production data for data analysis
- Able to use 3D modeling software for work purposes such as solidworks, be able to read the GD&T drawings
- Excellent communicator and team player -- capable to identify the time when help is needed and ask for help
- JMP, Minitab and Six Sigma experience.
- Be able and willing to travel internationally up to 50% as needed
- 5+ years of relevant field or customer quality work experience for consumer electronic products or aviation products
- American Society for Quality certification preferred (CQE, CQM, CRE, or CQA)
- Familiar with AS9100, ISO 9001, ISO/TS 16949
- Experience of product design, MFG process, quality system management implementation
- Familiar with DOE, statistical analysis and using statistical tools such as Mini-tab and Jump
- Six Sigma Green/Black Belt preferred
At Wing, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.