Wing is reshaping the future of delivery. We are an on-demand drone delivery service that can deliver food, medicine or other items within minutes. We’ve also developed an unmanned traffic management platform to safely route drones through the sky. Our service is faster, safer and produces far less pollution than traditional delivery. Originally created in 2012 within X, the Moonshot Factory, Wing is now an Alphabet company.
About the Role:
Wing is looking for a Social Media Manager to join our Marketing and Communications team. As Wing's first Social Media Manager, you will develop, define and execute Wing's social media strategy across channels to build community and brand awareness. We are passionate about engaging with the community and providing thoughtful, engaging digital experiences.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop Wing's social media/community strategy and processes to create our brand voice, daily content plan and response strategy across all media channels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+), including written copy, visual assets, and videos.
- Curate daily editorial content, copy, visual assets and videos to deliver creative campaigns that enhance our story telling of our brand, technology, employees, and values
- Identify trends within our community and across social to provide opportunities for follower engagement. Partner closely with Policy and Communication teams to provide a recommendation on response plans for social reputation management as it relates to breaking news or topics.
- Lead social listening and monitoring efforts across our community to create opportunity for Wing to be useful, educational, building awareness and engagement.
- Create a measurement framework for performance tracking, optimization, reporting, and analytics to grow a healthy and engaged social following and impact in real time.
What You'll Need:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in social media strategy; high proficiency working with Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube platforms.
- Proven track record of managing a consumer brand on social media and community.
- Strong understanding and passion for tracking social media/community metrics and ability to translate them into actionable insights.
- Experience developing copy and publishing content across channels.
- Excellent communication - written and verbal - skills and organization/project management.
- Ability to work cross functionally, both internally and externally and driving consensus on creative output across stakeholders.
- Light Photoshop experience (e.g. resizing images for social media).
- Experience in graphic design.
- Prior expertise developing and implementing influencer campaigns.
- Strong enthusiasm and knowledgeable about social trends.