Wing is reshaping the future of delivery. We are an on-demand drone delivery service that can deliver food, medicine or other items within minutes. We’ve also developed an unmanned traffic management platform - a kind of air traffic control for unmanned aircraft - to safely route drones through the sky. Our service is faster, safer and produces far less pollution than traditional delivery. Originally created in 2012 within X, the Moonshot Factory, Wing is now an Alphabet company.
About the Role:
As City Operations Manager, you will be responsible for business operations in Helsinki, being Wing’s local leader. Your job will be multifaceted, managing such business issues including partner relationships, supply chain, operations, and staffing on a day-to-day basis. You will also work in close coordination with the policy and community manager to represent Wing with community leaders and policymakers, and act as a public spokesperson for Wing as needed.
You will possess a mix of creativity, problem-solving skills, and business operations experience. You will enjoy building relationships and be comfortable working in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment. Above all, you will be a leader that will take individual responsibility and proactively solve problems and challenges.
In addition to addressing the immediate needs of business development and growth, your work will provide critical input for strategic business decisions in Finland and beyond.
Please Note: This is a Fixed Term Contract.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage business operations: daily operations, customer service, staffing, supply chain, facilities, partnerships, merchant success, etc.
- Develop and grow Wing’s Helsinki operations.
- Collaboratively establish success metrics/goals for the business with headquarters, then manage operations to meet these goals
- Manage recruitment and onboarding of local merchant partners
- Manage customer service operations
- Represent the project in the local community in close coordination with the local policy and community manager, including acting as a local spokesperson for Wing in close collaboration with Wing’s communications team.
What You'll Need:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Min 8 years of experience in project management, business operations, and/or eCommerce operations.
- Demonstrated ability to show sound judgement while working independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience launching or building an eCommerce business preferred.
- Experience working KPIs in a management context.
- Ability to both manage and work within a team.
- Understanding of entrepreneurial communities.
- Strong process orientation and business skills.