Wing is reshaping the future of delivery. We are an on-demand drone delivery service that can deliver food, medicine or other items within minutes. We’ve also developed an unmanned traffic management platform to safely route drones through the sky. Our service is faster, safer and produces far less pollution than traditional delivery. Originally created in 2012 within X, the Moonshot Factory, Wing is now an Alphabet company.
About the Role:
Wing is looking for a Chief sUAS Pilot to join our Flight Operations team. As the Chief Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems (sUAS) Pilot at Wing, you will report to the Director of sUAS Operations and will be responsible for the planning and execution of Wing flight operations in compliance with FAA regulations in a safe and responsible manner.
The ideal candidate is a qualified commercial pilot with sUAS experience and has a good understanding of flight operational procedures and practices affecting the Drone Industry, especially in the small UAS (less than 55 lbs/25kg category). The right candidate will have a critical attention to detail and the ability to solve problems in a complex environment without supervision and has a passion for all things unmanned. This position requires frequent travel.
What You’ll Do:
- Oversee US based Flight Operations for Wing, including commercial delivery operations, as part of initial Part 135 operations in the US.
- Consistently manage changes to sUAS and regularly maintain/update company procedures.
- Develop, implement, and manage operational flight procedures and partner with Flight Standards and Instruction teams to develop training.
- Verify and manage compliance as part of an approved FAA framework
- Conduct system, site safety and risk assessments as required.
- Conduct new site evaluation and assist in flight operations set-up prior to commercial operations.
What You'll Need:
- Commercial FAA aviation pilot certificate
- 3 years minimum experience working in the sUAS sector
- Experience in the development of flight manuals, training materials, and operational procedures for sUAS operations
- Remote Pilot certificate
- Ability to travel domestically/globally approximately 30%.
- Understanding and implementing Aviation Safety Management System for sUAS
- Experience in Project Management
- Experience with flight instruction and/or flight standardization (manned or sUAS)
- Experience or familiarity with Part 135 flight operations
This position is subject to Wing’s Drug and Alcohol testing policy in accordance with Wing’s operating procedures.