About the Company:
Wing is reshaping the future of delivery. We are an on-demand drone delivery service that can deliver food, medicine or other items within minutes. We’ve also developed an unmanned traffic management platform to safely route drones through the sky. Our service is faster, safer and produces far less pollution than traditional delivery. Originally created in 2012 within X, the Moonshot Factory, Wing is now an Alphabet company.
About the Role:
As a member of Wing’s Policy team, you will lead the regulatory affairs group setting Wing’s aviation regulatory strategy and shaping issue agendas with aviation regulators. You will help advise our internal teams on aviation policy and regulatory proposals and the implications it has on their work. In this role you will be responsible for leading Wings interactions with global aviation regulators, gaining regulatory approval of Wing’s operations globally, providing input to Wings responses to regulatory and policy proposals related to drone delivery and UTM platforms, and representing Wing before regulatory and industry bodies setting UAS regulatory frameworks. This role requires great organizational skills, attention to detail, a proactive mindset, a get-things-done attitude, and excellent communication skills. Ideal candidates are great writers with a passion for aviation and technology and a technical background.
What You’ll Do:
- In close coordination with the Head of Global Policy and other members of Wing’s leadership team, develop and implement Wing’s aviation regulatory strategy for both delivery and UTM services.
- Gain regulatory approval for Wing’s operations globally working closely with business, operations and engineering teams to understand their objectives and advocate for outcomes that will enable Wing’s success.
- Promote and advocate externally for key Wing priorities in the aviation space.
- Stay abreast and involved in industry and regulatory movements, including:
- Standards development (ASTM, IEEE, etc)
- Technical requirements (Remote Identification, Detect and Avoid, Spectrum)
- Future integration (with urban air mobility, autonomous ground vehicles, etc)
- Work closely with your colleagues on the global policy team to ensure Wing’s advocacy is closely aligned with aviation regulatory objectives
What You’ll Need:
- 10-15 years working with or in a regulatory agency with expertise in aviation policy and regulation as well as an ability to grasp complex technical and policy issues.
- Strong technical and analytical skills;
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; experience presenting in small and large forums, both public and private.
- Team player with a sense of humor and the ability to exercise good judgment in a rapidly changing and sometimes stressful environment.
- Technical degree
- Startup experience ideal, startup mentality a must, resourceful and resilient with the ability to get things done in dynamic and ambiguous circumstances.
- Demonstrated ability to understand the business implications of public policy
- Experience working closely with and advising product or engineering teams
- Excellent personal, political, analytical and organizational skills